New Pool got a leak need help

The Roc

Jun 15, 2020
Arizona
I am in Phoenix Arizona I bought a 21 ft steel above ground pool and installed it last weekend with 3 friends worked great no leaks until I got up to the skimmer. I put the face plate of the skimmer on tightened it down and the I realized could not add the back part on after I installed it. It is a wide mouth skimmer so I took it off and of course the liner dropped. Put it back on and yep two leaks. Took it off put silicone all around it one of the leaks stopped but it appears the skimmer is still leaking. No I have a skimmer completely siliconed on and I feel I will do more damage trying to pull it off to the liner. I did buy some water weld and was going to try that next. What I really need is a professional to come out and look at it. I am going to try and do a leak test today to maybe find it. The leak is not bad but it is right under the upright that has the joint so I am freaking out that in a matter of time it will sink and break. Does anyone have a lead in Phoenix arizona that works on these? I have had zero luck and I have call 15 pool places. Lost for what to do other than swim and deal with it. I put towels around it but I know it is going under the pool .....man this is bad. On top of that the wife is mad cuz I spent$3500 on this... and we all know what happens when the wife is mad :(

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    392.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Wow
Reactions: Wobblerlorri
What did the leak test tell you?

How is the wife?

So I figured out what I did wrong I put the butterfly gasket on wrong....you know the age old thing I don’t need to read the directions hmmm.....Pulled the skimmer off put the gasket on right. And what do you know no leaks bone dry I’ve been swimming all day. Oh and by the way the wife is happy now, thanks for asking.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.