Follansbee, Wv
I just finished setting up our 24' AGP. Initial test results yesterday were:

pH: <7
FC: 0
CC: 0
TA: 70
CYA: 0

Following pool math my numbers today are:

pH: 7.0 (added more washing soda this afternoon, but have not re-tested)
FC: 4.4
CC: 0
TA: 90
CYA: 33

I'm thinking I should boost the CYA a tad, but the FC is good. I will get an overnight chlorine loss in the morning, but I don't think it will show anything as the water has no organics in it. I think things are looking good for a start up but would like confirmation.

Test results are from a Taylor 2006C. Pool is 13500 gallon AGP.

How are you getting a CYA of 33? That should probably be 30 or 40.

Things look good. Wouldn’t expect a new fill to be too troublesome. If you have kids, let them get in and splash around a bit to raise PH. It will probably creep up on its own with the TA of 90. When it does get up to 7.8 you can drop it with muriatic acid, which will also lower your TA. You probably aren’t too far from the sweet spot where your TA keeps your pH stable.

When the dot vanished it was about a third of the way between 30 and 40, somewhat over 30 but less than halfway to 40, so about 33. Our youngest just graduated HS and is going off to college.
Our city water, and rain for that matter, are on the acidic side. Is 90 to high for TA ?

When the dot vanished it was about a third of the way between 30 and 40, somewhat over 30 but less than halfway to 40, so about 33. Our youngest just graduated HS and is going off to college.
Our city water, and rain for that matter, are on the acidic side. Is 90 to high for TA ?
What did you target for CYA? It should register, but it might still need another day if you came up short.

90 is fine for TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.