KenAnderson

Jan 12, 2021
Collinsville, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
This is our first pool build and boy what a process.
The dig for the pool started and they ran into a few issues. First they hit an old septic tank (destroyed) during the house build but was still in the ground (Not any more :)
Then they hit the septic lateral lines that had water in them and was backflowing back into the pit. This lasted only a few hours but they did manage to get it dug.
They also had to build a temporary wall to keep one side of it collapsing then the rain came (3 weeks of it). They did put in a sump pump and covered the dig site.
It kept most of it dry until gunite day which was about one day after we had some rain. I was surprised that they were here! They had some cleanup to do in the pit due to some more erosion but was able to get it done.

Can't wait for the next step!

Here are some pics (enjoy)
20210510_003633363_iOS.jpg20210510_231218164_iOS.jpg20210602_125938393_iOS.jpg20210602_180803708_iOS.jpg20210602_180836461_iOS.jpg20210602_135116980_iOS.jpg

Reactions: TampaKathy
Welcome to TFP :)

Nicely done so far... We also will have some septic leach lines but hopefully they will be waterless by the time we dig :)

It's just been over a month and half since my first post First Post - Gunite Done and things are progressing, although not as fast as I want but it's progressing.
Since the gunite phase that was completed on Jun 2nd we finally reached the decking phase! Finally start to see the light, although it still seems small but it's getting brighter.

Next phase would be equipment set than on to plaster, not holding my breath on when that will be done! Hopefully early next month but I have my hope on them doing it with in the next week!
I have been recording the whole process through a stationary camera, I'm putting a time lapse video together from the first day the drove a stake in the ground to current.
When the pool is done I will post the video!

Start of process to current day! What a transformation!

FirstDayPoolStart.png CurrentPoolPic.png

Started on April 23rd and still going! There was about 4 weeks of weather delays (Rain) in that time frame.

Thanks
Ken

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.