New pool design finalized. Open to suggestions.

Haha, glad to hear he saw the light. I had the same offer from my PB.

Well this build has been a massive pain in the you know what! We have had the pool filled for a month now and we are still not done with everything.

-They finally did the spray decking but the elevation is off and the water is running into the pool instead of away from it on two side of the pool
-My heater unions are leaking and the salt cell/bypass need to be re-plumbed
-I'm still waiting on my gas line to be run to the heater
-They installed the sod but tore the yard up a bunch more and needed 4 more pallets of sod than originally estimated. The sod installation and grading was done very poorly. I have high mounds and big lows holding water. Addressed the issues with the owner and he was not interested in fixing any of it and said he would roll the sod.

They showed up with no communication and installed french drains around the pool but once again it was done poorly and there is a dip in the yard everywhere the installed the french drains instead of building it up to make sure the ground doesn't saddle over the drains.

It seems like they think that is going to remedy the water on the pool decking running into the pool so I guess I still have that fight on my hands!

Aside from all of that, the pool has been fairly easy to maintain so far. I was finally able to start using my robot to keep it clean and would like to be able to use my SWG and heater.

• Angry
Reactions: kimkats
Yes I have been documenting in email and text and photos throughout. I’m so done with these people.
Dude, you have got an awesome looking pool and setup - don't sweat the small stuff. We started our digs about the same time - mine was "done" sooner because we went with fiberglass. But even though mine is done, it still isn't done. I'm doing most of it myself now, or with the help of a young man who does some landscaping on the side. I'm dealing with some puddling in the yard around my decking as well, and I will take care of that this summer with a load of dirt and my Kubota! (Yeah, that's cheating, I know.). I was also too cheap to lay sod, so I've been slinging grass seed and straw, and finally, the weather has been warm enough to get some growth. Lastly, I've gotta get some landscaping rock, but the supplier is out and it's been too wet to do it recently anyway. I was happy with my PB, although the project ended up being a little more "hands on" for me than I was anticipating, but that's probably just my nature.

Yes I have been documenting in email and text and photos throughout. I’m so done with these people.

Like Kimkats stated, documenting via email is the key. I started communicating via email from the very beginning with the occasional texts. It has come in handy too. I have caught multiple items being done either completely wrong or opposite than what we had previously discussed. Since the initial dig on February, there hasn't been one conversation between us that he hasn't used the phrase "miscommunication on my part." It's been small stuff but when the simple stuff is hard to get right, it tends to make me overly aware of everything. Good Luck on completing the pool build. I'll be keeping eye on your final completion.

there hasn't been one conversation between us that he hasn't used the phrase "miscommunication on my part."

You need to quickly figure out how best to communicate with a contractor you hire. Keep your spidey sense up when you hear that.

Reactions: perryhill2000

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They finally ran the gas to my heater and "fixed" the plumbing issues with the bypass and SWG. All they did was make the SWG get bypassed when I bypass the heater and now my temp sensor is on the bypass leg of the plumbing and naturally not reading correctly. :rolleyes: I'm just going to fix the plumbing myself. I am done trying to get them to fix things. I will move the SWG after the heater like it is supposed to be. I will try and post a video of the sound my heater is making constantly. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't sound like that.

• Angry
Please share the pics here:

Make sure to note the color and kind of plaster.

Please share the pics here:

Make sure to note the color and kind of plaster.
Will do.

Hope everyone has been doing well here. Life has been a blur with work and Coronavirus!

Latest update is my pool is still not done. Matter of fact we are going backwards! I was finally able to convince the PB that the cement was poured at the wrong elevation finally with photos, videos, and a sternly worded email. After redoing some of the french drains again and pulling up my sod for the third time they had to remove a big chunk of the pool decking and re-pour it.IMG_3971.jpgIMG_3973.jpgIMG_3977.jpg60652537454__F43ACDCC-E3F6-4787-9FB7-E4FEC2297DFB.JPG

Not only did they have to tear out and redo the cement but they poured half a wheelbarrow of wet cement into the pool on the steps accidentally which did wonders for my pool chemistry and quality! This build has been a disaster from start to finish. I can't wait for this company to be out of our yard and life! I also think I have a suction side leak on plumbing in the ground that is flooding my yard.

• Wow
I looked like ducky was making a break for it!! Man that is BAD! UNREAL!

poured half a wheelbarrow of wet cement into the pool on the steps
How in the world did they manage that??? :roll: did they even try to get it out or did you have to?

I also think I have a suction side leak on plumbing in the ground that is flooding my yard.
What does the PB have to say about this???

I hope you keep any eye out for future builds in your so you can share your experience by PM.

I looked like ducky was making a break for it!! Man that is BAD! UNREAL!

How in the world did they manage that??? :roll: did they even try to get it out or did you have to?

What does the PB have to say about this???

I hope you keep any eye out for future builds in your so you can share your experience by PM.

Nothing yet. It has been radio silence. I think I have it narrowed down to my auto leveler is leaking under the cement somewhere. I turned it off and my yard dried out and there is no more water running in the street.:mad: that is a problem on two fronts. 1- the auto leveler water line is leaking. 2- why is it getting into my drain?

• Angry

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.