New Pool Design - Choosing Contractors

Hi everyone! We are trying to get a pool installed in our NE Florida home. It will be in one of or side/rear yards. Informal inquiry with the HOA says the location should be ok. I'll include a pic of the design idea. The reddish line on the bottom is a fence, after the fence the yard slopes down to a neighborhood pond. Our idea is to sort of follow the curve of the pond/fence. Corner steps on the top left and right, sitting stools in the middle. Sport pool type depths, still not sure the exact depths, something around 4 feet on the sides and up to 6 feet in the middle if possible. The green circles are trees.

Also attached is a summary I made of two contractors proposals. I was curious what people thought of the proposed equipment and prices, or price comparison between the two. Obviously prices vary by market, must be sky-high here... Thoughts on design also welcome.

Thanks in advance!!!

pool idea.JPG

compare.JPG

Very unique design. I like the curvature, just need to ensure the PB can do that effectively. Also, since that side is on a slope, or start of a slope, you may want to ensure you have a engineer do some calculations on support needed on that side. Not too long ago in another post, someone had their corner of pool start to sink due to settling after the water was put in. It was on a slope as well. Best to spend some upfront $$ to ensure all is done to support that side.
What is the depth of the sitting stools? Will there be a sundeck towards the side between the steps?
Hayward, Pentair and Jandy are name brands for pool equipment. You would want the SWG to be 2x the volume of your pool so keep that in mind. I always like having 2 skimmers which you show. This helps if wind direction shifts and moves surface debris in opposite directions. I am sure others will jump in with ideas on automation systems.

I would think twice, maybe three times, about any integrated "stools".. Often, things that look cool are just not functional.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim, that seems like good advice. It was either that or more 'bench' seating, but we already have a lot of that on the two sides.

The last time I had a pool nothing was automated. What do I need to know about the iAqualink and the EasyTouch?

What size should all the pipes be?

How man supply pipes should I have? Where should they be placed?

For the pavers, does this technique seem appropriate: "Existing soil to be compacted and washed in before 4” of 919 limestone base is installed and compacted in 2” lifts for a level sub-slab beneath the paver deck. Border edge to be poured around perimeter of pool deck to lock stone pavers in to ensure no future movement. 4"x 9” Concrete Paver Coping to be mud-set around perimeter of pool per plan."

Thanks for any help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.