New pool contract...could someone look at this equipment recommendations

Aug 25, 2016
Westchester, NY
Getting ready to sign contract for IG SW 18x36 rectangular gunite pool with auto cover. I’m located in Westchester, NY and dont have natural gas so will be getting a heat pump. No spa. Pentair equipment. Just wanted to run this by everyone and see if I should change some of the equipment.

coping - blue stone for now (looking for recommendations for stone with salt water)
cartridge filter 520 sq ft
Pump and motor - Inteliflow VS+
auto pool cleaner - Polaris 280
auto controls - easy touch 8
Aqua Cal (?) heat pump
coverstar auto cover

It also just says salt generator but no model or size. What size should I get? I know everyone recommends larger than needed, but what size?
I have no idea about this equipment and models but would love any information from people with some knowledge to offer advice. Also I believe from memory that there are going to be 3 lights I think. Is that good? Also wondering about the returns and suction, size of piping and any other general info. I’d rather put in better quality now for a more efficient pool later.

Thanks,
Pat

Hi Pat! That list is too vague for us to really answer. We need model numbers as there are many types and sizes of each one. With the SWG we need depths for your pool or how many gallons it will be so let you know what size.

Kim:kim:

Don't worry about the stone and the SWCG. Any claims about damaging the stone are theoretical. There's just not enough salt in your pool to damage the stone. Bluestone is beautiful, def keep it. IMO it adds a high end look. Half the look of a pool is about the coping to me. People will say it gets hot...and it does! But so does any other stone that is sitting in the sun. Plus if you're walking barefoot on it I'm sure your feet are wet from swimming. The swcg needs to be twice the size of the pool's gallons. A 20k rated swcg can produce chlorine for a 20k pool but that's running 24/7. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.