New Pool Construction

veronicapool

Mar 9, 2021
Bakersfield, CA
This is what I'm being sold. Any advice?

Pool Size 35 x 21
Shape Free Form
Dept 3'6" - 6'
Area 550 sq ft
Perimeter 90'
Pool plans, permits, inspection : $30,298.00
With Play Pad, Swimout
Raised Deck : 18", 38' $5,038.00
Decking : 625 sq ft $4,220.00
Finish : Standard
Interior Finish : Quartz $2,280.00
Skimmer Model : Pentair, No. U3
Pump Type: Intelliflo HP V.S.F.
Filter Type: Pentair 420
Automatic Pool Sweep Type : Rebel
Automatic Time Clock Type : Easy Touch 8
Remote Control Type : Screen Logic Bundle
Underwater Lights Type : Intellibrite Size : LED
Deck - O Drains : 20'
Electric Run w/GFI : 100'
10 Yr Structural Warranty
2 x 24" Sheer Descents $910.00
SPA
7'6" ft Circular $12,960.00
Jets: 6
Heater : 400,000 BTU Type : Pentair
Gas Line 1 1/2" and 120'
18 inch Raised
Total: $55,706.00

Veronica,

Looks good to me.. No way for us to compare price, because it is all about location, location, location. You can't compare pricing between different locations. You just need to get several bids and see what pool run in your area..

While the EasyTouch and ScreenLogic will work great, Pentair has a new system called the IntelliCenter for just about the same price.. The IntelliCenter comes with a built-in ScreenLogic-like system.. Much newer and much better..

Great pump, great filter.. I suggest that you look into getting a Saltwater Chlorine Generator (SWCG) which makes it easy to keep your pool clear and sanitized.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: veronicapool
Price looks real good compared to my area. Consider adding another foot of depth at the deep end for the kids who won't listen when you tell them not to dive.

Start reading up: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and order up a TF-100 test kit before you get water in the pool. A Smart Stir is a good addition to the kit.

Best of luck!

Reactions: veronicapool
Veronica,

Looks good to me.. No way for us to compare price, because it is all about location, location, location. You can't compare pricing between different locations. You just need to get several bids and see what pool run in your area..

While the EasyTouch and ScreenLogic will work great, Pentair has a new system called the IntelliCenter for just about the same price.. The IntelliCenter comes with a built-in ScreenLogic-like system.. Much newer and much better..

Great pump, great filter.. I suggest that you look into getting a Saltwater Chlorine Generator (SWCG) which makes it easy to keep your pool clear and sanitized.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you Jim. I'm going to look into the intellicenter.

That would be an amazing price for most markets. Have you received other bids and is this in line with those. If it is much cheaper the other similar bids, I would do some additional research and make sure you do not have a bid that is too good to be true.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.