New Pool Cleaner - Handling & Storage

tedbundrick

Apr 24, 2019
Lafayette
I’ve decided to spring for a new pool cleaner - gonna get a Dolphin S200. Question: what is the IDEAL way of storing unit when not in use? Do you guys leave unit in pool when not running, or is it ideal to take cleaner out of pool after every run and allow for drying? What is best for max longevity of these pool cleaner motors?

Ted,

Not sure there really is an absolute correct answer.

I believe that it does not matter much one way or the other.

Others swear that taking it out is the best approach.

The S200 'style' robot does not come with a caddy. If you want a caddy you will have to buy the S300 or the S300i.

I personally have no use for a caddy, as mine sites on a couple of small 4 x4 blocks, when not in use, to keep the brushes off the ground. It sits under the eve of the roof so does not get much sun.

Robots tend to last 4 to 6 years and then the internal motors wear out.

I doubt you will find an actual S200, but there are several identical robots all with different names... like the Active 20 and the Warrior SE.

You need to call Marina Pool and Spa and see what they have in stock.

Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077
[email protected]

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hello Ted,

We're glad to hear you're going to add a Dolphin to your family!
We recommend storing the unit on a dry surface away from the elements and in a shaded area (preferably on a shelf and not on the ground).
If you can only place your unit on the ground, we'd suggest placing it upside down to avoid wear and tear.

If you have any questions, we'd love to hear from you and assist you further!
Feel free to contact us at [email protected] and our pros will help you out.

Regards, Maytronics.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I store mine on it’s side in a deck box when not in use which is mostly just over the winter unless we’re having company & I want it out of the way.
During the pool season it stays in the pool most all the time aside from when I take it out to clean it’s basket/filter, rinse it off, & loop up it’s cord as it runs on a daily schedule for me.
There’s been some reference to cold water temps allowing for water intrusion to places it shouldn’t get because of gasket shrinkage. This is mainly an issue for those who leave their pool open year round. The coldest water my bot ever swims in is about 60 degrees. YMMV.
The sideways, upside down, or on blocks thing (which is what a caddy provides) is to prevent the brush(es) & tracks from getting mashed down.
The controller box is not weatherproof, it’s only weather resistant & should always be kept out of the rain/sun. Mine is mounted inside my deck box for this reason. High temps & uv are very hard on electronics.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.