May 18, 2023
Austin TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
IMG_6182.jpegIMG_6184.jpeg

Hello, I recent bought a house with a brand new pool and I’m pretty new to the pool game other than a portable hot tub. The pool is an in-ground, 15k gallon, mini pebble, chlorinated pool with an attached spa.

The pool is barely 6 months old and we have kept our pool chemistry pretty well aligned that whole time. Now it looks like there are large spot of calcium build up and algae along the spillway from the spa the the pool. Can someone confirm from these photos that my assumption is correct and how to cure both problems without total messing up our chemistry.

Austin has some hard water, but I am surprised that there so much build up so quickly. The pool stores seem to have wildly varying measurements of our calcium levels, but my TFP Kit has shown around 350.

Also, I would not have put this porous stone around the pool. It seems to like having algae and moss just cling to it. Anything below the water line is clean, but anything just above is dirty. If I clean this it all falls into the pool. Is that ok?

Thank you for any advise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.