New Pool + Cabana + Putting Green - Lucas, TX

Somebody asked for view from inside the house. Here you go.

I think the cabana does a decent job of focusing attention on itself rather than the house behind it. I think it would be even better with a shade down the back side and maybe a large tree just to the right.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, we are having meetings with the remaining three PB's today and tomorrow. So hopefully should have more designs to share then.

the pavers quote. you have to look at install also. i don't know how you guys down south do it, but up in the north installs are all over the place. on the cheap and inproper way due to freeze alot of guys don't do a 4" scratch coat to sit the pavers on. the proper way at least up here is on a 4" inch pour but then the price jumps obviously cause you have the concrete cost. my buddy gets 7-8 per square with the pour under.

The design photos do suggest it will give you good blockage, especially with 1-2 shades.

I think I was responsible for the cabana vs tree debate. Don't get me wrong, id rather have the cabana ALL day! But I also noticed you trying to trim your budget down as much as possible and this was a big cost item. I'd hate to see you start to cut out pool features or deck space to accommodate the cabana. You really have one of the best yard designs for entertaining I have seen since joining this site. I can't wait to see what other builders come up with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome design you have going on.... glad you joined, people here have great information and suggestions to help out on the perfect setup for your family.,
so here goes my 2cents lol..... with a huge pool like that have you considered putting in a table in the pool? we added the table to our build last year and its one of the best features we added... it is definitely a good hangout place for the adults to hangout at....

PB#2 came through with their design today. Lots to like about it. Here are some of our favorite features

1) Pool is BIG... 813 sq. ft. / 43' long / 119' perimeter / 35,000 gallons

2) We really like how he incorporated the cabana an the pool together... notice how the pool ever so slightly extends under the cover. This was PB#2's original idea. The logic is that on HOT summer days, shade at a premium. The cabana will cast a shadow on the pool right there. There's a ledge to sit on, either dry while facing inward or with your feet in the water. There's also a step in the pool right there where you can sit in the water and be in the shade. WE LOVE THIS! Not only does it look super custom but we can really see the functional purpose for this design.

3) Less patio than PB#1... this 1,100 sq. ft. but it's all travertine pavers. I'm not 100% sold on travertine, but I like that it doesn't get too hot in the sun, and I'm glad it's worked into the bid.

4) Love how there's a short stone wall on the back of the cabana, finished with a wood wall up top and place for tv.

5) We like the flagstone coping and REALLY LIKE the flagstone on the sun step.

6) I know it's only a software rendering, but I like the waterfall in this design best.

7) The kids really got a kick out of the rain wall off the roof of the cabana.

8) Finally, price seems great (relative to PB#1 and considering all the features)... $115K incl. everything you see, except landscaping (they replace grass and sprinklers only). PB#2 also said he'd throw in some laminars at that price (not pictured).

There are few things I might change. I love flagstone but I'm not sure I want it around the pool. The house is built with dark red brick and white texas leuders stone. I was thinking from the beginning that we'd used that leuders stone for coping and raised walls to match the house. But we have plenty time to work that out. Also, I'm not sure about the putting green location immediately behind the waterfall. I need to think about that.

Okay, I know you want pics so here you go!

Very nice! Check out this recent build here in FL. Very similar pergola with rain feature. Their design is so nice!

New Pool Build In Winter Garden FL

I like PB2's cabana and tie into the pool better. The only negative is now the view you were trying to hide is now your main focal point (in my opinion), so be sure you get the view you want. The only other critique I have is I think it is too shy on decking. Your yard is huge and you have so many features and the decking looks tight. I'm sure PB2 expects you to add on ;)

OH MY! I LOVE It!!! That cabana is the BOMB! That HAS to be used for ANY pool you build!

I have to agree with Brian about the patio. It does need to be wider on the walkways.

LOL on the kids and rain curtain. FUN for sure.

Kim:kim:

OH MY! I LOVE It!!! That cabana is the BOMB! That HAS to be used for ANY pool you build!

I have to agree with Brian about the patio. It does need to be wider on the walkways.

LOL on the kids and rain curtain. FUN for sure.

I know, I'm obsessed with that cabana and how it works together with the pool.

You bring up up an interesting point. So far we haven't shared any information about one PB's design with another. I suppose if I felt like we really loved one PB's design but felt like we wanted to work with another PB, then perhaps I'd start to share.

Stand by for PB#3's design...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes!! Definitely want the cabana to be close enough to pool to provide some shade over the water. Our covered patio (attached to house) casts shade over part of our pool in the afternoon and that's where I love to park my float. Plus nice to be close enough to talk to people in cabana while in pool. Also like the fire pit located near the hot tub. Love it.

PB#3's design and details are below. Overall it's very nice, and I probably would really like it if not for the fact that I LOVE PB#2's design.

Some details:

Dimensions: 37.3 x 21.4
Square Feet: 600
Perimeter: 101
Depth: 4' - 8.5'
Gallons: 25,326
Deck: 1100 sq. ft.

Right off the bat, you can see this pool is smaller than PB#1 and PB#2. We didn't specify size for any PB. We just said, we want it BIG and with a DEEP end. This was how PB#3 interpreted that request.

Nice...........BUT it is not THE one like #2 is!

Now talk to me about who you clicked with the best? Have you checked any references or reviews? How long has each one been in business?

This is such a great question! I chose a PB who has a stranglehold on our community. Plenty of beautifully built pools. But the owner was tough to deal with and we (including their salesman/designer) didn't "click" like I did with the other PB we strongly considered. I chose first hand references over that "feeling". As soon as we got into the build and started going at it, I feared I chose the wrong PB. Looking back on it, we did. We will still have a quality pool, but it took years off my life.

And I like a combo of PB 1 and 2. I love PB2s design, but I like the spa location and circular shape from PB1 and also like the fire pit as a separate destination. PB2 already has a cabana tied into the pool, a fire pit with a spa feels like more of the same. But PB2s pool and cabana design are spot on, with just a little more decking needed on the left side.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.