New Pool + Cabana + Putting Green - Lucas, TX

That is really fast!
Just have a quick question, I know most say the gunite needs to cure for at least a week before tile goes on the shell. Did your PB say anything surrounding that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here's what I can tell...

[FONT=&quot]Jandy [/FONT]DEV60 [FONT=&quot]60 sq ft DE filter with sight glass on backwash line to p-trap [/FONT] DEV Diatomaceous Earth Filter | Jandy Pro Series
Jandy JXI400N Heater JXi Pool Spa Heater | Jandy Pro Series
[FONT=&quot]Jandy [/FONT]VSPHP270AUT [FONT=&quot]2.0 HP variable speed circulation pump [/FONT]http://www.jandy.com/en/products/pumps/variable-speed/vs-plushp
2x Jandy SHPM1.5 [FONT=&quot]1.5 HP Stealth Booster Pump [/FONT] Stealth | Jandy Pro Series
Jandy Aquapure [FONT=&quot]Automatic Salt Chlorine System (Jandy [/FONT]PLC1400) AquaPure Salt Water Pool System | Jandy Pro Series
Aquastar Chemstar CH100 in line chlorine feeder https://www.aquastarpoolproducts.com/docs/specsheets/CH100.pdf
[FONT=&quot]Jandy PDA PS6 Controller [/FONT]http://www.jandy.com/en/products/controls/aqualink-pda[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jandy [/FONT][FONT=&quot]JVA2444 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Actuator [/FONT]http://www.jandy.com/en/products/valves/valve-actuator[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Polaris 3900 with PB40-60 booster pump [/FONT]http://www.polarispool.com/en/products/pressure/polaris-3900[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Look at that neat work! Will you be able to get to the filter without playing twister to get the top off and grids out? See what you think and go from there.

That list looks good to me. The chlorine tube will not be used on a daily bases once you get your pool balanced but it is good to have to trips and weekend get aways.

Kim:kim:

The stonework started yesterday. So far I think it looks pretty good!

I am curious about one thing... look at the 3rd and 4th pictures down. This is the thin ledge beneath the spa. It's at the same level as the coping. It almost looks like a skinny run of coping (they haven't started the real coping yet). Isn't coping supposed to overhang the tile by an inch or so? These skinny pieces around the spa look almost flush with the tile below.

Jackson seems unimpressed...

that looks pretty awesome man!

ok this is just me. I'm very OCD and like things to match and such. I would want the little pieces to overhang as much as the coping so it matches. i kinda like the idea of having the coping like how they have it but again but with the same overhang. i would think you would want it sticking out so it doesn't look like just another piece of stone above it. also makes that mud line really stick out. just me. should be easy to take off and fix unless they got stone sitting ontop of it and it's really wedged in there.

Nice build! With a tad bit of work sprinkled in; this made my Friday morning fly by! So thanks!

One quick "Wish I woulda" to keep in mind. If the Automation system isn't already installed.....make sure it has all of the features that you want. Most all come with a remote of sorts....but I'm talking features like dedicated iPad/iPhone app to monitor and change settings. Or that it supports all colors that you will want. While I absolutely love my pool.....I wish I had done a bit more research on the Automation system; as it has no app, nor can it make RED. The lights support it....and RED flashes in one of the "Light shows"...but the Automation panel I have will not allow RED as a constant. Sounds trivial.....but drives me crazy that I can't make my spa RED in the winter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So here's the answer from the PB...

"We don't want a horizontal surface for water from the spillway to catch on and travel back to the coping (and exit the pool)."

I'm fine with this. It looked a little odd to me because it's the first area they did. But once all the stone and rock is in place it's gonna look amazing! I'm witnessing them lay out the coping pieces now and I'm positively giddy.

Hi, I just started reading your post and can't find the name of your tile. I have gone back and forth between glass or ceramic.... urghh... Yours looks amazing. What is the name of your tile?
Thank you!

I'll find out the name for you...

We really didn't consider glass mainly because we didn't want to pay anymore upgrades. We were at the point in the project where we had money fatigue. My PB has two tile rooms... one that's standard and the other full of upgrades. We picked our fav in the standard room. My wife didn't even want to set foot in the upgrade room. Lol

We like this one because it has some brown tiles that we felt would help tie in the flagstone coping. I also like the subway tile pattern.

I'm a detail freak. And I studied this forum for months before engaging a builder. As thorough as I was, I'm finding there are things I still missed.

My addendums so far...

1) auto fill
2) two returns on the tanning ledge
3) adding a few sq ft of concrete and stone runners to line up better with existing patio

And today's surprise...

The electricians were here today. Turns out my equipment package doesn't include the Jandy I-Aqualink. I still get the PDA remote control, but no smartphone controls for me unless I pony up some more dough. I'm shocked it's not part of the standard package. Every PB we talked to wouldn't shut up about controlling the pool with your phone. I guess we never specifically said we wanted it, just assumed that was the norm these days. By the same token nobody asked us either, cuz I know I didn't say no. Looks like I'll be signing another addendum on Monday.

Read your contracts folks, very closely!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.