Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hello everyone, I came across this forum this afternoon and it seems like there is a lot of great information here! I am in the process of getting a few bids for a new pool. I have talked to 3 gunite pool builders and 1 fiberglass pool. I received a quote form one of the gunite builders and I am starting to think that due to current market conditions that fiberglass may be a better fit for me. The gunite quote i received is 50% higher than what my neighbor paid less than 12 months ago for essentially the same pool and the same builder. Maybe the gunite based builders will come in with better number.

The fiberglass pool company I am talking to does not provide any additional aesthetic features such as rock walls or water falls. I don't know if this is a common practice or not but does anyone know if these features are relatively easy to add after the pool has been installed/built?

Believe it or not I had some obnoxious quotes from builders (wanting to start off at $115k for just a 30 x 15 pool with no spa) and I had some that started off at 70k. My point is get a few bids before deciding gunite is out.

We did a fiberglass last year and didn't have the builder quote a waterfall/feature. I've had a heck of a time finding anyone who will add after the fact. I ended up with 1 bid to go off which was a reasonable quote but I'd much rather have a few.

I did love the quick install of my FG...it was great to be done in about 3 weeks!

Thanks, I will make sure to get a few quotes. I suspect the builder who submitted the quote is busy enough to quote high in the hopes that I will pay the inflated price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.