New pool build

kndmercer

Apr 29, 2021
Harper, KS
I just ordered a larger pool this year and have some questions on my build. I'm hoping to avoid some of the issues I had with my last pool. Original pool was a 24' placed on the ground with a gorilla mat underneath it. That pool was up for 3 years. Last year I had some sinking on a few poles and ended up with a mole run on one end under the liner. In addition my ground is very soft you will sink when you walk on it. I was considering a concrete pad as a base to hopefully avoid both issues but with a 33' pool and concrete having to be trucked over 60 miles one way that is not economical. I was considering digging down until I reached solid ground then back filling with gravel. Possibly pouring a concrete slurry over the top to help with rigidity. Anyone else have any other ideas? I'm open to anything I just want to make sure this base is right this time around

You definitely want to dig down to solid ground, then you could use crushed rock, compacted down, to form a firm base.

Reactions: kndmercer
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.