New Pool Build, Yet Another in DFW

@JJ_Tex
Something like this might work as an interim solution for your outdoor shower and it's not horribly expensive. Probably wouldn't last years and years...but would certainly last long enough for you to do your permanent shower area.

Reactions: JJ_Tex
@JJ_Tex
Something like this might work as an interim solution for your outdoor shower and it's not horribly expensive. Probably wouldn't last years and years...but would certainly last long enough for you to do your permanent shower area.

Wow, that's expensive! My ex husband found one of these at a yard sale earlier this summer. $20. I guess that's a better deal than I thought. It does connect to the hose bib, so it's cold. But it works, and it's cute. Ours is attached at the corner so the pad is diamond shaped.

Boy...that's something I really miss about living in Dallas- the alleyways behind houses.

Your dig looks marvelous... looking forward to more pics :)

Maddie :flower:
Thanks! I really do prefer the rear garages. Allows you to do a gate and enclose the whole backyard. (y)

Wow, that's expensive! My ex husband found one of these at a yard sale earlier this summer. $20. I guess that's a better deal than I thought. It does connect to the hose bib, so it's cold. But it works, and it's cute. Ours is attached at the corner so the pad is diamond shaped.
I agree, that there are cheaper versions of this type of stand alone shower out there...but they get pretty horrible reviews. This one has pretty good reviews and seems a little better quality. I guess if you really wanted to do it on the cheap, you could put some pvc together from home depot for like 20 bucks or so. This one just looks a lot better IMO.

Had some progress over the past few days. Steel and plumbing were done earlier this week and gunite was completed this morning. Getting there...but still about 7 or so weeks to go till plaster and fill.
IMG_3048.jpgIMG_3049.jpgIMG_3050.jpgIMG_3051.jpgIMG_3053.jpgIMG_3536.jpgIMG_3538.jpgIMG_3541.jpgIMG_3543.jpg

Looking good. That small step was a good last minute add.

Will you end up with a step down off of the patio when everything is done? Did the gunite guys pour your equipment pad too?

Get the hose ready for the morning to start exploring and watering it. We had the whole family in the pool checking it out as soon as we could.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking good. That small step was a good last minute add.

Will you end up with a step down off of the patio when everything is done? Did the gunite guys pour your equipment pad too?

Get the hose ready for the morning to start exploring and watering it. We had the whole family in the pool checking it out as soon as we could.
Oh yeah, there will be 2 sets of 2 steps down off of the existing patio, in between the posts. Yep, they did the equipment pad as well. I made sure of that after your fiasco. :ROFLMAO:

Oh yes...the pool and I have already had some bonding time this morning for sure. I'm just going to leave the hose out so I don't have to drag it out there every time. lol

Reactions: JJ_Tex
Can we talk about that plumbing for a minute? With the exception of them dripping primer everywhere, that is some really good looking piping. It looks like you got yourself a good crew that takes pride in their work and put some forethought into the layout. Now back to the gunite, it is amazing watch those guys work isn't? It truly is an amazing craft.

Reactions: Snikwah
Can we talk about that plumbing for a minute? With the exception of them dripping primer everywhere, that is some really good looking piping. It looks like you got yourself a good crew that takes pride in their work and put some forethought into the layout. Now back to the gunite, it is amazing watch those guys work isn't? It truly is an amazing craft.
It really has been amazing watching all of these guys work. The gunite was especially cool to watch. It's like the consistency of that kids kinetic sand. I'm doing a timelapse from beginning to end, that I'll put together after it's all completed. (y)

Thats crazy. I didnt notice ours being that thirsty when it was 100+ degrees. We did get lucky and had a light rain for the good part of the day when we got the gunite.

Keep watering, you are half way there.

@kimkats here is the tile we have picked out. NPT equinox 2x2 glass in Icy Teal. What color grout do you think we should use? Plaster will be PebbleSheen in French Gray.

IMG_4684.jpgIMG_4686.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhh you also need to really think about the mortar to go under it! What you do is get some paint cards to lay them on by the pool-white, off white, light gray, med. gray. It will really change the color of the tile. Any will be oh so pretty with that tile which is one of my favs!!! BLING!

Grout-can you get a hold of some grout sticks to play with? Do you want each tile to POP? WHITE grout Or do you want them to blend together more? gray grout more to the med gray. BOTH ways is very pretty and you cannot go wrong. Get the sticks to see which way you like the best.

Kim:kim:

Interesting.. I didn't know there could be different colors on the thinset. I knew the glass tile requires a different type, but I didn't know there was colors. I think white is fine on that.

Grout I was thinking gray...I'll see if he's got any grout sticks. Thanks =)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.