New Pool Build, Yet Another in DFW

-screenlogic interf. combo-more details may be needed.
-is there only one model of the VSF pump?

Have you tried to figure out how many gals your pool will be in the end? Use pool math to get a ball park figure. You might want to go up to the 60 on the SWG as we like for you to go 2x the size of your pool to help save power and cell life.

Kim:kim:

-screenlogic interf. combo-more details may be needed.
-is there only one model of the VSF pump?

Have you tried to figure out how many gals your pool will be in the end? Use pool math to get a ball park figure. You might want to go up to the 60 on the SWG as we like for you to go 2x the size of your pool to help save power and cell life.

Kim:kim:
Yeah, there's just the one Intelliflow VSF pump as far as I can tell. This isn't the one that Jim says not to get with the SVRS feature. The final gallon figure listed on the contract is 14,943. I think Jim typically says anything under 20k is fine for the IC40. :)

Just a quick update.. the waiting continues. Finally got HOA approval on Thursday 8/1. City permits submitted Friday 8/2. They're saying 10-15 business days for the permits, but I'm hoping for less. Fingers crossed we can start excavation on Monday 8/12. All the stones from the pond are gone. Some friends/neighbors came and took all the ones that are not cemented down. It was a quite a bit...more than it looked like anyway. Well over 3 tons of it in total. Excited to get started and make a timelapse of the whole process start to finish. :)

Attachments

• IMG_7381.PNG
    IMG_7381.PNG
    4.8 MB · Views: 39
Reactions: JJ_Tex
I'm not sure your city, but ours (Prosper) took less than a week and we were digging within a day or two of approval. Hope yours goes as quickly as ours did.

Reactions: Snikwah
All good news! So any idea what they are going to use the stones for?
Yeah, one of the guys has a koi pond and he was going to use them around his. A friend of mine took the rounded interlocking bricks for a firepit...and another neighbor took the rest of the stones for flower bed accents.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Hopefully one of the last mowings before most of this is history. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the yard work...I'm just ready for the change. :)

Nice looking grass. Is that St. Augustine? When you get the call that they are ready for the dig, I would run your sprinklers one last time to get the surviving grass one last easy watering.

I shut my sprinkler system off once we signed the pool contract because I'm cheap like that. Now all 10 sprinkler zones are shot and I have been lugging sprinklers all over the remaining grass and beds for a few weeks in the August heat.

Nice looking grass. Is that St. Augustine? When you get the call that they are ready for the dig, I would run your sprinklers one last time to get the surviving grass one last easy watering.

I shut my sprinkler system off once we signed the pool contract because I'm cheap like that. Now all 10 sprinkler zones are shot and I have been lugging sprinklers all over the remaining grass and beds for a few weeks in the August heat.
Thanks, yes St. Augustine. My father in law is going to rent a sod cutter and steal most of it before excavation. Ugh...yeah, I'm not looking forward to having to turn everything off. St. Augustine loves water...so I'll be doing the same. :LOL:

Speaking of water...did you guys get a lot of rain this morning?? We got a ton...3.16" in my rain gauge. Overflowed my pond. Very strange for this time of year. Glad I got the mowing out of the way yesterday. lol

3" of rain?!? I know it rained, but dont think we had close to that. I would guess 1/4" or so based on the minimal amount of water at the bottom of the gunite shell.

3" of rain?!? I know it rained, but dont think we had close to that. I would guess 1/4" or so based on the minimal amount of water at the bottom of the gunite shell.
Right?? I guess it was just around this area (The Colony). My father in law is in McKinney and he only got .20". When I saw how much we got, I was wondering if your new gunite was under water. :LOL:

I just saw your equipment list posted from earlier. You may want to consider going with the 8SC controller and give yourself an additional 4 feature circuits for future upgrades. Retail (Amazon) lists it for about $100 more.
Thanks! Yeah that is definitely something I'm looking at. (y)

Just bought my TF-100 Start-Up Kit. Curious to test my fill water and see how it is. I had the gas company come out and swap my meter for a larger size to accommodate the 400k heater and 55k fire bowls yesterday. Was hoping to have city permits by today...but I doubt that is gonna happen.

• Love
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.