New pool build with Jandy JXi heater that doesn't work

That's the best thing to happen. It's a shame that you had to live with the bad one for all this time, and then finally they decided to swap it out. It should have been swapped out immediately when it was found to be broken. You paid for a new one, not one that was fixed.

That is one of the reasons PB's get a bad rap. They try to pull things like this and it makes them look bad. I've gone through it with my builder, and eventually the issue is corrected, but there's a lot of baggage that can be avoided.
The PB found that this unit had been sitting in their warehouse for over a year after it was briefly installed at another site but wouldn't work due to insufficient gas supply. Which explains all the signs of aging on it (webs, corrosion etc). As soon as he saw that he said he was swapping it out. I imagine these things can happen without malice. Someone boxed it up and left it in the warehouse, someone else needed a heater and just grabbed the first one they saw (especially with low supply during COVID), and whoever was tasked with installing it didn't give it a second thought as far as the condition it was in. Only thing I've lost is time which I won't even remember a year from now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.