New Pool Build - TX

I'm sorry, I must have missed it somewhere along the line...

Which resort at WDW is this pool located?

I'm sorry, I must have missed it somewhere along the line...

Which resort at WDW is this pool located?

Ha! Thanks so much!

Did they finish today? Are you filling it up?

Yes they did and yes we are! I've been a little busy lately trying to figure out a small problem. I told the PB that I was going to use two hoses and he said, "Oh okay. Well you can put one in the spa and when its full, right before it overflows, then you can move it to the main pool." So thats what we did. The spa filled in a little over an hour and a half. I then noticed some water bubbling out of the bubbler in the beach entry. Apparently the weight of the water in the spa is pushing water up through the bubbler in the beach entry. I'm assuming the bubbler in the spa and beach entry are connected. So now a small line of water is coming out, down the beach entry, into the shallow end and then into the deep end. I know you don't want this to happen because it will cause streaks in the plaster. I've tried plugging the thing with anything you can imagine and I can't get it to stop. I even tried the plunger......yes.....:eek:

My last attempt at a solution was I cut off an old water hose that was bound for the trash into a smaller length. I shoved it down in the bubbler, tied a rag onto the other end and ran it into the deep end. Trying to keep it lower than the bubbler the hole time. I know some water is making its way through the hose, but it may still be leaking out around the bubbler. I'll go back out in check in a few.

Anyway, if anyone else has any magic solutions before I go to bed I'm all ears!

Alright, now my TFPayment for reading this far:

Well nevermind.....it's now coming out of the skimmer. So might as well not even worry about the bubbler. So we're going to have two small tiny streams of water going into the deep end. :grrrr:

I just hope they won't be too noticeable and that it fills up as soon as possible. Sigh..

So... For those reading this who haven't filled yet... If you have a raised spa, fill it last!

Yeah it's a bummer. When we should be really excited to fill, I am going to worry about it all night. And I am fairly confident it will streak. I just came from out there and wiped away a small stream and it noticeably left a streak.

Yeah I have no idea what happened. I talked to the PB earlier when I first discovered it and he said, "Yeah just stuff a rag in there. That should do it."

I know have several small tributaries joining together on their way to the deep end. Bah!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well Jay's PM last night was the correct answer. Go out and turn off the valves to isolate the spa plumbing. If only I would've thought of that sooner. It did stop the problem at least at the bubbler. I think the skimmer still dripped a little. I spoke to the PB this morning and he seemed like it was no big deal (I kind of anticipated that) and he said it should lighten up a little once we get it going and brushing it. The worst part is on the bench in front of the skimmer where water puddled and then dried. Its pretty white looking. There is also a noticable streak in the shallow end going down into the deep end. I'm also hoping that will lighten up with some brushing and acid start up like Zethacat mentioned. I'm trying not to get too disappointed about it. We still have an awesome pool and hopefully guests eyes will be looking to the waterfall and not on the floor!

Our progress as of a couple of hours ago:

Streak in the shallow end going into the deep end:

The skimmer leak:

Hopefully will be done this afternoon/evening?

I have very near the same color plaster and had the same type of stain as a result of water being puked onto the raw plaster in the raised spa when the PB played "Wizard of Oz" (ignore that man behind the curtain) with switches and valves the day after plaster/fill. The stain was lightened and some of it went away with brushing but complete removal was only achieved with an acid wash. Good luck.

Start brushing now!

The PB said I shouldn't start brushing until they come to start it up, which won't be until the morning. You think its okay for me to start brushing without the pump running?

- - - Updated - - -

I have very near the same color plaster and had the same type of stain as a result of water being puked onto the raw plaster in the raised spa when the PB played "Wizard of Oz" (ignore that man behind the curtain) with switches and valves the day after plaster/fill. The stain was lightened and some of it went away with brushing but complete removal was only achieved with an acid wash. Good luck.

That's good to know, thanks! My wife said earlier it appears the stains aren't quite as pronounced. So hopefully ours will be the same case as yours.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.