New pool build-questions

Yep, gas def. heats faster but again, once up to temp the electric is great at maintaining temp and running efficiently. I'm heating my pool up for Thursday but will keep it heated through the weekend and with solar cover at night and electric, it won't run a ton once it's up to temp. We have the Hayward Summit XL. Not sure how much we paid for it as I can't seem to find the paper work for it

Greetings everyone finally back to the pool build due to delays in financing but now it’s unlikely to be built this season. Can I get away with doing this in stages? Digging and installing the poop and delay the coping hardscaping and fencing (permanent) until next year? What would you say the costs are for a gas heater vs. electric heat pump on a 16 x 36 rectangular pool? If going the gas route I need to add costs to dig a trench from where existing gas line is and what would plumber costs amount to roughly? Thanks in advance.
Hi! I have had a staggered install, but a bit different than what you are asking. Since my builder couldn't start my project until late August 2020, I had him push it off until Oct. That way they could at least get the pool up to the gunite stage and I'd be one of the first projects to be resumed in the Spring. It helped being able to pay on such a stretched out schedule.

Since you're looking to have the pool on phase 1, I know it would at least work to have the pavers installed the next year. I know someone who did that. It was recommended where she lived to have the ground settle after the dig. They put cheap sod down until the real pavers could go in. The fence situation would likely depend on your town.

Heat pumps work wonders with ambient temps above 70° but if you want to swim in the shoulder season meaning early and late when the temperature drops off you'll struggle getting it to maintain. For where your are NG is the way to go.

So, just to update, I turned my Heat pump on Tuesday am with pool temp at about 62ish, by Wednesday around 1pm we were at 78. This is running the heater 24 hours a day with the solar cover on, now I have it at 82 and will leave it there through the weekend. With the solar cover it will not use a ton of electricity to maintain that. As the previous poster said, if you want to be swimming in early to mid april or in November then yeah maybe electric isn't the way to go. Here in CT if we didn't have a heater we wouldn't have the water where my wife wants it to swim in, which would be 78-80 until mid to late June on a consistent basis, so we mainly use our heater from early to Mid May through early to mid-late October. Nobody in our family wants to be swimming when the ambient temp is below 70 anyway so it really is a personal preference thing as much as anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.