New Pool Build Pearland, TX (Houston area)

Fire, we used the same Mastertile glass tile and travertine in our build. Good choices! We never got to NPT because they weren't open on Saturdays (who ever heard of that!) until March and we had to pick ours before then.

And your pool looks great!!! Was thinking about you and your pool with all this rain and flooding. Hope you are ok...will see if you updated your thread.

- - - Updated - - -

that's good news! utility company came out again yesterday and did their markings again and got me to thinking there might be an issue, after calling PB he said it is normal for them to come out every 10days to make sure markings are still there and not faited out or move somebody moved them.... it was a relieve to hear that.... he said permit should be ready soon, if ready by Monday the digging should start this week also... but like you said weather forecast is not cooperating hopefully it changes...

Hope you can dig soon and hope the utilities can mark now that it has stopped raining for a little while. Just glad we don't have a big muddy hole....

Pool design looks nice. We just had ours completed about 2 months ago.

96d224dea9a352c4a0f03d5798a15a5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fire, all are ok. Pool has some dirt in it. Texted PB to see when the pool people will be out.

Glad to hear you're ok. So if you can't use the robot yet, how do you get the dirt out?

- - - Updated - - -

Pool design looks nice. We just had ours completed about 2 months ago.

96d224dea9a352c4a0f03d5798a15a5d.jpg

Looks great! You will enjoy it this summer! Hoping ours gets finished before school gets out, so the girls can have an after school pool party!

- - - Updated - - -

Utility marking person is here! I never thought I would be so happy!!! Hope we get on the schedule to dig soon. :)

Take lots of pictures everyday they do work at your house. I have probably over 1000 pictures. This way you can show your friends what it takes to build a pool and also you will know how all the lines/plumbing was ran for any future troubleshooting.

Hope you get it done in the next few months. Ours was supposed to be a 3 month build but took about 4.5 months due to Christmas, Thanksgiving and the little rain that we had.

glad they went out and did the utility flagging.... we are going on 3weeks and as of this past Monday still waiting on pearland city permit... he said it should be by this week but with this rainy weather the digging probably wont start till next week, we are also hoping the pool is done by the time school is out for the kids... btw, what side of pearland are you at? im by pearland parkway

Take lots of pictures everyday they do work at your house. I have probably over 1000 pictures. This way you can show your friends what it takes to build a pool and also you will know how all the lines/plumbing was ran for any future troubleshooting.

Hope you get it done in the next few months. Ours was supposed to be a 3 month build but took about 4.5 months due to Christmas, Thanksgiving and the little rain that we had.

Will try to take lots of photos.

Fire, I believe they will have to manually vacuum the dirt out. Someone is coming by tomorrow to look at it.

Let me know how they do that. We are getting a robot, but PB will clean pool for first month so I guess they will take care of stuff collecting at the bottom too.

glad they went out and did the utility flagging.... we are going on 3weeks and as of this past Monday still waiting on pearland city permit... he said it should be by this week but with this rainy weather the digging probably wont start till next week, we are also hoping the pool is done by the time school is out for the kids... btw, what side of pearland are you at? im by pearland parkway

We may be starting around the same time if your permits come soon. Hopefully they will. We are on the west side near the 288.

Our PB is coming out to draw the pool on Monday and digging may be on Wednesday! Woo hoo!

that's awesome.... we cant wait till he comes out to draw the pool out and get this construction phase started...

Our kids are getting excited and want to watch them dig and build it. I need to find a way to record the build with an iPad or our Nest/Drop camera.

We received one irrigation repair/rebuild for $1500. Waiting on a second one this weekend. We want the affected zones cut and capped, so we can still use the rest of the system while they build. Irrigation company will need to do that beore the dig.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just took pictures everyday of the build and put them in separate folders from each day they were done. Our irrigation repair was included in the build. Interesting that they are not going to repair what they damage.

I just took pictures everyday of the build and put them in separate folders from each day they were done. Our irrigation repair was included in the build. Interesting that they are not going to repair what they damage.

We got quotes from multiple builders, and only one of them included irrigation repair in the bid. Of course, their bid was several thousand dollars higher than anyone else, so it wasn't really included--the price was definitely built in AND marked up.

My PB told me up front on the pool bid that they don't do re-routes on the sprinkler system. lucky for us there is only one line that goes right across the yard, I will have to reroute that one line myself once the deck is done and also just plug up about 3 sprinkler heads aswell.. I'm actually working on that right now, figured I take a break and log into TFP lol

Guess out here in Houston the repair is not usually included. Our PB told us they didn't include it so we can choose our own company and do it the way we wanted and of course no mark up from them.

Found out from 2nd irrigation company today that we can't simply cut and cap. The way the original system was layed out would make it costly, since the main line probably goes through where the deck will be and would need to be rerouted. We also have the back flow on the other side of the garage and most valves clear across on the other side of the house. So no rush to get anything done before the dig and that means hand watering (or using one of those things you plug into your hose) everything until the irrigation is fixed after the pool build. Bummer!

- - - Updated - - -

My PB told me up front on the pool bid that they don't do re-routes on the sprinkler system. lucky for us there is only one line that goes right across the yard, I will have to reroute that one line myself once the deck is done and also just plug up about 3 sprinkler heads aswell.. I'm actually working on that right now, figured I take a break and log into TFP lol

Lucky! Glad yours is simple and you are able to do it yourself.

Guess out here in Houston the repair is not usually included. Our PB told us they didn't include it so we can choose our own company and do it the way we wanted and of course no mark up from them.

Found out from 2nd irrigation company today that we can't simply cut and cap. The way the original system was layed out would make it costly, since the main line probably goes through where the deck will be and would need to be rerouted. We also have the back flow on the other side of the garage and most valves clear across on the other side of the house. So no rush to get anything done before the dig and that means hand watering (or using one of those things you plug into your hose) everything until the irrigation is fixed after the pool build. Bummer!

- - - Updated - - -

Lucky! Glad yours is simple and you are able to do it yourself.

We used a sprinkler guy called Mickey's Houston Water Works. He'd installed my neighbor's system, and we had him out to repair the line the bobcat crushed in their yard when they dug. He was reasonable, and we'll have him out to run new lines in our backyard and tie into the front once this is all done.

We ended up with a little damage in front and lots in back. Our guys came in and rerouted the back, adding heads that spray away from the pool. They also laid out new sod and did some minor landscaping. We were very pleased.

Let me know if they reply on that. I've seen them too and haven't gotten a chance to reach out about pricing yet.

Still no reply yet...

We ended up with a little damage in front and lots in back. Our guys came in and rerouted the back, adding heads that spray away from the pool. They also laid out new sod and did some minor landscaping. We were very pleased.

We found out the weight of the bobcat can crush any pipes it goes over, so two of our zones along the side yard outside of our backyard fence may need repair. :( Hoping the bobcat treads lightly. Cost to reroute our backyard and still be able to use the front yard irrigation would be $350+, so we'd rather use that $ for a pool item like plaster shell bling. :)

We used a sprinkler guy called Mickey's Houston Water Works. He'd installed my neighbor's system, and we had him out to repair the line the bobcat crushed in their yard when they dug. He was reasonable, and we'll have him out to run new lines in our backyard and tie into the front once this is all done.

Glad you found a good sprinker guy. Yes, looks like we'll be waiting for them to be done before we touch the irrigation. I need to run the zones and take video and them turn off the main valve to get ready for the dig.

PB marked the pool outline when I was out. Will take photo and post soon. Benches look a bit narrow, will measure them and see what they come too. Pool looks smaller than we hoped, but we are still happy. Sunshelf looks too small for 3 bubblers, so we will tell PB we just want 2 there. Spa looks nice and huge. :)

Here is our outline. Bench width seems to be 14". Think we should ask for 16"?

Bench along left side is same depth as 2nd step. Need to ask PB what that depth is. Also need to make sure bench under waterfall is deep enough.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.