New Pool Build NW Arkansas

jlentz

Jun 28, 2018
Fayetteville, AR
Hello! This is my first post, so please forgive any mistakes. We've been looking at putting in a pool since we bought our house 6 years ago and I think we are finally ready! We are a family of 3: me, my husband and our 4 yr old daughter. We have also have 4 dogs and a cat. We have had two pool companies out and the first one was pricey and they didn't do turnkey projects--we have a slope in the backyard and will need a retaining wall. We got our first complete bid today; any input on what to ask, equipment, etc is very much appreciated! We've never owned a pool before, so we are total newbies. Thank you!

Base Pool $36,825.00
Includes:
Base equipment: all Pentair equipment with 3 yr manufacturers’ warranty
3.0 HP Variable Speed Pool Pump
Sand filter with recycled glass media
Chlorination
2- white low voltage LEF pool light
Base specs: 505 sq ft gunite swimming pool 4’ to 6’ depth. 8” walls with a 12” bond seam and 8” concrete floors all with rebar spaced at 10”. 2 leaf skimmers, 1 main channel drain, 2” suction lines, and 1.5” return lines. 6” frost proof tile water line and rock coping. White plaster
Remove and replace section of fence in order to access construction area. Permits included. Electrical service included. Taxes included.

Pool Deck: $5,850.00
Pool Decking and Pavilion Patio material and labor for 650 sq ft of brushed concrete

Gunite Pool Slide: $18,000 (top end estimate, probably will be lower)
Hand formed and carved gunite pool slide. Include water jets and coloring of gunite. Build into a boulder water feature.
Pavilion: $11,000
12x15 Pavilion with shade/privacy wall
Retaining wall: $5,800
Material and labor for versa block retaining wall
***we talked about altering design and having the back wall of the pool built up as retaining wall instead of a separate one; might be more cost effective and visually appealing***
Dump Truck: $250
Haul away removal of excess dirt
Total: $77,725.00

Upgrade Options:
Glass tile upgrade: $2,500 –not currently inclined to do this
Gas pool heater: $3,800 not sure which one to do as far as heaters
Heat pump pool heater: $5,800
Salt Generator: $2,300—probably will do this
Colored plaster quartz: Tier 1 $3,500 and Tier 2 $5,800—haven’t see any of this yet so not sure?
Pool decking upgrade to textured and stained concrete: $7,150
Pool decking upgrade to stamped and stained pool decking; $8,450

Your quote looks very reasonable to me. A lot of companies balk at doing additional jobs but it seems this company are happy to take them on. I would add the salt water chlorine generator and also the heat pump if you think you might want to extend your swimming season. I would also budget for a robot, but buy that yourself. If you can get model numbers for the equipment people here will be able to advise you on it suitability. Also automation is something to think about. I like the vibe of this Pb.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.