New Pool Build Montgomery Tx

Happy wife, happy life.............

Exactly! I even have a t-shirt hubby bought me that says that on it and I wear it often and proudly.

1x1 might get a little dirtier but not enough to hinder you from making a choice for the 1x1 tiles. I personally prefer the 6 inch also but that's an aesthetic preference.

I would suggest looking at both. You keep an open mind for 1x1's, she keep an open mind for 6" and see if you can find something that you both like based on colors and overall look to the pool instead of just size. If it comes down to it, that may be one you should give in on. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your tile choices are great! I found it very difficult to find coordinating waterline tile (6x6) and glass tiles. Yours look perfect! I think ya'll will be glad you don't have the 1x1's for waterline tile. I have the small glass tile for the waterline in my spa, and I struggle to keep the grout clean.
Good job!

I am am going to add fire to my waterfall like this one. If you look closer there is a copper line with7 holes drilled in it. This is on my friends pool and he said you turn on the water fall pump then turn the gas on throw a match and voila you have fire. I searched the whole site and didn't find anything like this. Anyone have any input on a better way. My friend said its the only thing that hasn't Broken in 12 years.

turn on the gas and throw a match in?? That sounds scary :shock: I bet it is pretty when it is on but still.........I wonder what the gas oils do to the water? Does your friend see an oil slick on the top of his water after he uses the fire?

:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It looks like the BP oil spill but a good filter cleans it up. NOOOOOOOOO
Its natural gas the kind you cook your steak on a grill with and the gass you cook with inside your house if you have a gas stove.

Sorry I had to be a smarty pants

It looks like the BP oil spill but a good filter cleans it up. NOOOOOOOOO
Its natural gas the kind you cook your steak on a grill with and the gass you cook with inside your house if you have a gas stove.

Sorry I had to be a smarty pants

You are SO bad LOL

The reason I ask is that we had a propane heater and oven at our old house. After a while there would be a build up on the ceiling that had to be cleaned and painted over. It was a pain to deal with. It was kind of oily. I did not know if this would have the same residue.

I bet it looks neat when it is on and dark. Do you have a pic of it?

:kim:

I asked for a pic from him and he said he can't cause the waterfall pump is broken lol. He said everything breaks but the gas line lol. I asked him yesterday how often he lites it, he said when he has party's. I will take a pic of mine when it's finished, I can't wait.

Toe tile or accent tile ???????????????
tile guys are here today I asked how he puts the 1" tiles on the benches and steps, he said 1 foot a part looks best. We were thinking several inches a part. Can anyone post pix of the difference I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

If you're in a hurry (but toe or step tiles can be placed later, and it seems like usually are later), look on Pinterest. Just search for pool toe tiles/step markers/or accent tiles. Pinterest will have plenty of examples.

- - - Updated - - -

PS... A foot apart seems like a big gap between tiles. And try placing them yourself taking a quick photo after each variation you try.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.