New Pool Build Los Angeles

Home Depot slowed our build down too. We had to make three separate orders because we would run out of something - clips or planks and each time it was a 6 week turnaround. Soooo annoying.

By the end we over ordered and had about $300 in special order returns [emoji1304]

Hi Joannie, thank you for the offer. I am using the "T" clip hidden faster, and I think I have enough. I was checking my order on-line, and my decking has been sitting at the carrier's depot for 6 days. I know the "Scheduled delivery" is between 10/25 & 10/30, but if you already have the product, just schedule the delivery!

It's happening!!! Plaster day has finally come! I thought it had been rescheduled for Monday, but they rang my doorbell at 7:00 AM. They've spent the last couple of hours cleaning the muck out of the bottom of the pool and spa, and now they're prepping all the connections in the pool. I can't believe this day has finally come. :whoot:

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

Plaster Has Started!

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

Looky, looky! It is happening!!! SWEET!

Okay so here is my do to things for this:

-Wrap a dish towel around the end of the hose to keep the metal from marring that pretty new plaster and it might even catch some stuff from the water.
-Make sure the end of the hose (with towel around it) is put right on the main drain to keep the water from "streaking" the plaster

Don't be surprised if your water does not look like you thought it would. It is VERY normal for it to even have a green tint to it. This will pass as the water gets balanced and the plaster cures.

:party:

Kim:kim:

The pool has now been filling for about an hour and a half. The plaster crew was already on top of things with the towel and bottle on the end of the hose. They estimate about 15 hours to fill( about 3:00 am), so I will slow it down before I go to bed tonight. Someone will be back tomorrow for an "acid bath" to expose some of the aggregate. I am so happy to finally have water, I don't care what color it is. :lol:

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

The pool finally finished filling on Saturday morning. It took 18 hours. The pool guy is supposed to come today to turn on the pump and provide the first batch of chemicals, which it needs badly. PH is already off the charts. 8.5 PLUS. Now if the decking from Home Depot would arrive, I can get the kitchen installed. Here are some pics of the pool. Enjoy!

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh Tony! That is SO pretty! I love everything! I see MY seat! The hanging one!

Thanks Kim! I am very pleased with how things have turned out. And YES, if you ever make it out to Los Angeles, that seat is yours! :lol: Someone (I say someone, because I was not advised in advance by my PB) came out today to do the acid bath. He dumped about 6 gallons of Acid in my pool (and a pump to circulate the water) and brushed the entire pool. He said he will be back the next 3 days to brush. Therefore I rescheduled the Pool Guy to come out on Thursday to start the pump and conduct my "Pool School".

I also got a text from Home Depot that my deck boards have finally arrived, and will be delivered on Thursday. So, I know what I will be doing this coming weekend. :grin:

dice! You nailed that color! LOVE IT!

Tony what you are you putting on the dirt at the back of the pool?

I saw your doors leading out of the house. Those are so pretty. We are looking at getting new doors for our bedroom that go out to the deck. Do you know where they came from?

dice! You nailed that color! LOVE IT!

Tony what you are you putting on the dirt at the back of the pool?

I saw your doors leading out of the house. Those are so pretty. We are looking at getting new doors for our bedroom that go out to the deck. Do you know where they came from?

Hi Kim,

We will be adding some medium and low height plants to give it a more tropical look, maybe some hibiscus to add color and something else with big green leaves. However, that spot gets full sun most of the day, so not sure what else. We also want to put Mexican pebbles around the plants. Because they raised, the backyard to be even with the covered patio, we can now see over the wall into our neighbors yards to the South and West. We will eventually raise the walls another 12-18 inches on those sides. I have already discussed it with both neighbors and they are okay with it.

As for the doors, believe it or not, they were windows when we bought the house 4 years ago. We had all the windows replaced with Milgard Windows & Doors when we remodeled the interior. The series is called Tuscany. Milgard is a Washington State based company, and are pretty popular on the West coast. Not sure if they have distributors in the East.

Yes we did! In fact, we're also going to be doing the same line of patio furniture and planting hibiscus, too. Great minds think alike!!

We're in AZ and our yard gets full sun all day - so we're limited on deciding what plants we can put in our yard for a modern tropical theme. So far, we know we're going with queen palms, pygmy palms, a plumeria tree, hibiscus, siam tulips (the tulips are for the front yard because we have some shade there), and boxwood beauties. I wanted a few small birds of paradise, but I've seen them burn here in the 120 degree heat. Now I'm considering variegated ginger, but I haven't researched whether or not they'll survive our AZ climate. Cali weather is cooler and more humid than AZ weather, maybe you'll have more luck with tropical plants than you think. BTW, love the idea of Mexican pebbles around the plants. Keep posting pics!!

Good move changing those windows into doors! That really adds to the over all look and helps you enjoy your yard/pool even more! I will have to look into what we can get on this side. Right now we are still in the "we need to see about replacing this door" phase LOL

LOVE the ideas you have for that back area. Just remember that anything you have back there will share parts of it's self with the pool :roll:

Raising the wall........will you have to use a engineer to design it or approve the structure? I guess they will take the top cap off and go from there with steel and mortar. I would buy a cheap cover for the pool for when they go to do the work. You and I both know stuff will end up in the pool if you don't!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.