New pool build - Little Elm, TX

chris fox said:
Nice design.
The original design shows a river rock like deck. Are these real or concrete stones are a stamping?

Thanks so much, Chris! The decking will be seeded aggregate, which is primarily just pea gravel embedded in concrete. Decking is supposed to start on Monday!

The stone guys continued to work today and will likely finish tomorrow. The "rolled edge" with glass tile was installed today, but is covered in paper. I cant wait to see it! Decking is scheduled for Monday! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 352
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 353
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 353
Flippy said:
BTW - How deep is your pool? My pool is 10X30 and I figured my to be right around 11K gallons with the hot tub. Maybe my math is way off.

Flippy, it will be 3.5 to 5 ft. Any more depth wouldve caused too much of a slope in such a short space.

LeLori said:
Flippy said:
BTW - How deep is your pool? My pool is 10X30 and I figured my to be right around 11K gallons with the hot tub. Maybe my math is way off.

Flippy, it will be 3.5 to 5 ft. Any more depth wouldve caused too much of a slope in such a short space.

Mine is just over 6 feet deep. I agree mine goes from shallow to deep in about three steps. Luckily we are all super tall in my family. You have a really nice looking pool. I really like it.

Tile and stone work finished today. Its a cloudy day so the glass tile looks a little hazy, but i still love it. Ill post better pics when its sunny, which is hopefully tomorow. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 319
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 321
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 317

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I continue to take pictures of the glass tile, as it changes with the sunlight. And i continue to love it. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 298
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 298
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 300
LeLori said:
My hat is off to the gentleman pictured by the spa. The work you see was 8 hours of chiseling every single stone by hand. And im not kidding. At all. :shock:

Back-breaking work for sure. These guys are true craftsmen and deserve entirely much more praise (and money), than what they typically get.

You have an absolutely gorgeous pool, one of the best I've seen. Nicely done!

Divin' Dave

Thanks Divin Dave, and everyone else! Building a pool as a single woman is a daunting process, to say the least, and hearing compliments from others reassures me that my pool is turning out as Id hoped. And paid for. ;)
Below are pics from the decking done today. Once inspection is passed, concrete will be done Wednesday or Thursday. Did i mention that Ive gone from digging to decking in 12 days?!?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 262
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 261

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.