New pool build - Little Elm, TX

LeLori

Aug 19, 2013
[attachment=0:24st48e0]image.jpg[/attachment:24st48e0]Hi all,
As is often said, Ive been studying this site for quite some time and have learned so much. Im a single woman building a pool and value any and all advice of those who've gone before me. :)
Venture Pools is my builder and came highly recommended, so my fingers are crossed for a great experience. My dig is scheduled for this Wednesday and Im so excited/nervous. Ill do my best to document my experience here, along with pictures, of course! Wish me luck! :-D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 1,584
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 1,576
Good luck with your build... The design looks great!!

I am just starting the process of looking. I have not heard a lot about Venture Pools, what can you tell me about them. Did you look at other PB's?

Thank you!
Venture had done 2 pools for a friend and he had nothing but great things to say about them. I got estimates from Foley and Goehlke. Gohlke is a smaller company and had the highest price with the least amount of design appeal. Foley was my second choice, but Venture had the design that i liked best, by far. In fact, the salesman spent a ton of time with me while i tweaked the design and asked lots of questions. This solidified my choice. Fingers are crossed that i made the right decision. Good luck with your pool! :)

Frisco5 said:
Good luck with your build... The design looks great!!

I am just starting the process of looking. I have not heard a lot about Venture Pools, what can you tell me about them. Did you look at other PB's?

Frisco5, I know you weren't directly asking me, but we had estimates/designs from Riverbend Sandler, Gold Medal, Foley, and Masterpiece. We went with Riverbend, but it was a very difficult decision over Gold Medal. We still will recommend Gold Medal to anyone along side Riverbend. We chose RBS primarily because we've had another family member who had a pool built by RBS and have had great customer service from them over the years, they are providing us the most pool for the price point, and we just were extremely pleased with their sales staff.

Lelori, thanks for that information. That is good to know. I will probably look to doing something new year. I figure I can do my research and ask questions so when I do meet with them I will be able to ask the right questions. Try to take some before and after pictures to show us the progress.

Another recommendation for Riverbend. They built ours this summer and we have been very happy with it. Got quotes from Foley, Gold Medal, Hauk and Southernwind.

Gold Medal was and is building a ton of pools right now in our area and their pricing reflected the strong demand. They were one of the highest. Sad thing is they did some patio work for us in 2009 and we really wanted to us them.

Hauk was nice but we just didn't click with them.

Southernwind built in to the bid stuff (such as an infloor cleaning system) that I told them up front I didn't want. That turned me off on them.

Came down between Foley and Riverbend. Felt like we were getting a better constructed pool for our dollar with Riverbend and the sales process wasn't as pushy with Riverbend.

Good luck with your build.

Thanks Bevostein for your review as well. I guess I am going to have to at least talk with one PB to get an idea of cost. It will be next year before I move forward which should give me enough time to do research. This site has been great, I am sure with reviews and insight from everyone I will find the right PB. Thanks again!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Day 3 pic.... First inspection on Monday and then on to gunite! Im worried that there doesnt appear to be quite enough room on the far side of the pool for the round seating platform, but i guess ill just have to trust the process. Ive expressed this concern to 2 people with the pool company, but nothing changed, so im hoping their measurements here are correct and im the one thats wrong. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 1,245
Move some chairs/loungers round there and place them down and double check if you're not sure.
Once gunite is in you won't be able to change it.
Things often look smaller however when they're laid out with no furniture. I had the same fears for my sun lounging area but it turned out just fine and moving the lounge chairs there helped ease my mind.

Looking great so far! :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.