New Pool Build Leander, TX(Austin) - Finishing Touches

So the scoop on the gas meter.
A guy from the gas company came and said were already running a 2lb system and with a 2lb system the 250CFH meter will do about 600,000BTU. So he said the current meter will run the pool heater fine but it could be starved for gas if other appliances are calling for gas while its running. We also have 2 water heaters, 2 furnaces, a gas cook top, gas fireplace in the house, and adding a gas firepit with the pool build out. He said its a bit early to upgrade and he wanted the plumbing done for the pool heater and firepit so they could test pressure and what not before they upgrade the meter. He said just give them a call again once were done and they would come out and upgrade the meter and gas line size as needed.

So the scoop on the gas meter.
A guy from the gas company came and said were already running a 2lb system and with a 2lb system the 250CFH meter will do about 600,000BTU. So he said the current meter will run the pool heater fine but it could be starved for gas if other appliances are calling for gas while its running. We also have 2 water heaters, 2 furnaces, a gas cook top, gas fireplace in the house, and adding a gas firepit with the pool build out. He said its a bit early to upgrade and he wanted the plumbing done for the pool heater and firepit so they could test pressure and what not before they upgrade the meter. He said just give them a call again once were done and they would come out and upgrade the meter and gas line size as needed.
Interesting. We have pretty much the same as you then. We are also adding a fire pit along with the pool heater. If we have any trouble we will call the gas company.

Not a lot of progress but our water line tile finally came in and the masons got a good start on installing the tile and did a bit more work on the retaining wall and firepit. They will be back once the plumber installs the gas line to the heater and firepit to finish the tile, firepit, and kitchen. Then onto plaster and cool deck. The Tile ended up being delayed an extra month because the vendor never actually ordered the tile and for some reason that wasn't found out till mid Nov but anyways its here and partially installed.

20220104_120023_1.jpg

Forgetting to order the tile or dig the gas trench are problems we had with our build too. Those are the most annoying delays because they are completely avoidable.

Your tile does look just like mine too.

Been awhile since I posted so figured I'd give an update. Things moved slowly for awhile but have picked up some in the last month. Were down to just a few things.

List to finish
  1. Outdoor kitchen water
  2. Plaster & Step Tile markers (Plaster was suppose to be this week but they ran out of tile so were waiting for that to arrive)
  3. Firepit burner install
  4. Minor mason work including some touchup, installing kitchen cabinet doors, drawer under grill, and fridge. Grill was installed but the electrician removed it for easier access
  5. Final cleanup and touchup punch list
  6. Irrigation
  7. Landscaping
20220412_101616_1.jpg 20220412_101517_1.jpg
20220412_101533_1.jpg

Not a lot of progress but our water line tile finally came in and the masons got a good start on installing the tile and did a bit more work on the retaining wall and firepit. They will be back once the plumber installs the gas line to the heater and firepit to finish the tile, firepit, and kitchen. Then onto plaster and cool deck. The Tile ended up being delayed an extra month because the vendor never actually ordered the tile and for some reason that wasn't found out till mid Nov but anyways its here and partially installed.

View attachment 386739

Looks great, I think we used the same tile.

IMG_20210923_1857061.jpg

Well the plaster turned out pretty well but they also put tile lines along the steps and my opinion is they did a terrible job. Acid wash is planned for tomorrow

2 questions for you guys.
1. Is it somewhat common to do plaster on the bottom side of the skimmer opening like the pics below and is their any concern? Never seen it not all be tile.
2. What would you do with the step edge tile. Leave it janky like in the pics below or make them redo it?

20220426_194710.jpg

Step on SPA at more will be 6in under surface.
20220426_194503-1.jpg

Tile on SPA bench
20220426_194535-1.jpg

Im thinking the next 2 might be less noticeable once water is in the pool but not sure. They are on the tanning ledge where the water will only be about 6inches deep.
20220426_194447-1.jpg
20220426_194440-1.jpg

And an overall pic
20220426_154044-1.jpg

I started a new thread for the questions I had above to try and draw some more attention to get options before they acid wash today. That thread is here

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The pool is full. And yes the kids had to put their feet in and unfortunately they drug dirt in with them so hopefully they come out with some brushing. Right or wrong I also started the pump and having it running at 1,500RPM so hopefully the start up guy wont be mad at me.
16,000 Gallons according to my water meter and filled in 15 hours.
20220428_101813-1.jpg

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
So. I got to sleep on my thoughts from yesterday. As usual, a calm, well rested head thinks more clearly.

If that were my house, I would never see the wavy step tiles. I would, no matter how many times I'd seen it, be too busy gawking at that 🤬 view as I face planted into the pool. I wouldn't even see the step, much less the tiles.

Just........ holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cowwwww that's BEAUTIFU *splash*

You aren't paying one penny for the sloppy work or the materials. Not one. However much else you decide you should be compensated is up to you. I don't think the full replaster cost is fair, but it is what it will.cost the PB to fix it. So, up to you how much you think is fair. But you'll be too busy faceplanting in the pool to ever see it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.