New Pool Build in Tampa, Fl - Updated 3/25!

Re: New Pool Build in Tampa, Fl

I have a question, it looks like the edge of the coping tiles are very sharp. Will this be a problem sitting on them? Most coping bricks I have seen have rounded edges.

They might look sharp but it's just a piece of tumbled stone. You can get bullnose coping if you like a rounded edge. When we selected the travertine I think the rounded edge was more money and didn't come in the exact same color. I'm not sure though.

Sitting on them isn't too bad. I was worried about the edge for the hot tub, but that's not that bad either.

Thanks! The Spa and Waterline tile is from Daltile. Its called Quartzie Stacked Stone and the color is Beijing Green. It comes in 7"x16" interlocking pieces.

I think this is the link: http://products.daltile.com/seriesdetai ... &subType=1

The Coping is called Golden Sahara Travertine

The Deck Material is also Golden Sahara but it is vein cut to show off more lines and such. Should be getting in within the next couple of weeks.

DJP1812 said:
So far so good. Communication is tough, but I think that is more of an industry thing.

Hopefully your experience with Natural Springs Pools is much different that ours was/has been - it has taken them over six months to complete our pool, and despite having been paid in full it still isn't done (in fact, they are at my house today draining half of the pool to fix several items).

Spa Tile was completed and plumbing started this week. Pic of completed Spa Tile - Front.

[attachment=0:ytvwmfv9]4848.jpg[/attachment:ytvwmfv9]

Attachments

• 4747.jpg
    4747.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 4848.jpg
    4848.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 197

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

flbassjag said:
DJP1812 said:
So far so good. Communication is tough, but I think that is more of an industry thing.

Hopefully your experience with Natural Springs Pools is much different that ours was/has been - it has taken them over six months to complete our pool, and despite having been paid in full it still isn't done (in fact, they are at my house today draining half of the pool to fix several items).

This happens all the time. Perfect example of having payments split up where they need to sign off that subs were payed and that you see their progress and response to issues. I will say my experience with 'Trendsetter Pools' in Tampa was top notch.

The PB has been working on the Plumbing and Electrical the past week. Still having communication issues, but I'm sure things will be worked out soon.

Current Site Pictures with footer for screened enclosure:

[attachment=0:4bg99991]55.jpeg[/attachment:4bg99991]

[attachment=2:4bg99991]57.jpeg[/attachment:4bg99991]

[attachment=1:4bg99991]58.jpeg[/attachment:4bg99991]

Attachments

• 57.jpeg
    57.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 58.jpeg
    58.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 55.jpeg
    55.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 156

Looking good! Bet you can't wait for it to be done! Our pool build here in Orlando has hit a snag and we have been sitting with a pool shell ready for plaster but can't move ahead due to a back-ordered part for our iAgualink. It's not really swimming weather but I really want to see the finished product. We are so close.

Tammylinde said:
Looking good! Bet you can't wait for it to be done! .

Thanks! We went with the PDA but was very interested in the ilink.

We also hit a snag as I wanted to review several issues before moving to the next step. I'm hoping for end of February but I think that's a long shot.

We have had some progress the past couple of days.
1. Passed some inspections
2. Waterline tile inside spa was finished on Monday
3. Footer being poured today
4. Decking material was delivered

I started calling today for estimates to seal all the stone work and get a gas tank installed.

Some pics of finished spa and all the tile material together:

[attachment=2:147qlxzo]50.jpg[/attachment:147qlxzo]

[attachment=1:147qlxzo]70.jpg[/attachment:147qlxzo]

[attachment=0:147qlxzo]71.jpg[/attachment:147qlxzo]

Attachments

• 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 70.jpg
    70.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 71.jpg
    71.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 116

Good Luck Jetsunss.

Let me know if you have any questions or want to see anything specific. I have a ton of pictures.

They've been working on the Deck all day today so I should have some pictures up later.

Quick question to the group. Does anyone know what to do with air intakes for Crystal Foam Jets? Should they be run to the outside of the deck area or are they okay to be cut off below the travertine? Thanks for any help. I'm sure the PB will know, just was curious.

-D

Update: The Deck has started. The crew had to remove an old door stoop and cut in the deck drain.

Pics of Deck Prep:

[attachment=2:19gourg7]73.jpeg[/attachment:19gourg7]

[attachment=0:19gourg7]76.jpeg[/attachment:19gourg7]

[attachment=1:19gourg7]75.jpeg[/attachment:19gourg7]

Attachments

• 73.jpeg
    73.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 82
  • 75.jpeg
    75.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 76.jpeg
    76.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 82

Stone being placed. The stone looks very white due to dust.

[attachment=2:x0cjdzh8]78.jpeg[/attachment:x0cjdzh8]

[attachment=1:x0cjdzh8]77.jpeg[/attachment:x0cjdzh8]

[attachment=0:x0cjdzh8]79.jpeg[/attachment:x0cjdzh8]

Attachments

• 78.jpeg
    78.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 77.jpeg
    77.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 79.jpeg
    79.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 82

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.