New pool build in South Florida .. finally! [Tons of pics]

gnr5

May 28, 2019
Miami, FL
Hi guys,
Its been a long time coming for this moment, we spent about a year researching, getting quotes and finally we pulled the trigger. We were looking into pool builder vs owner build, we found that with my non-existing construction experience going OB would be a PITA. I interviewed all the big PB around my area, all of them took forever to get back, only went with Hayward equipment (I wanted Pentair) and they uncomfortable talking about automation. Thanks to @Zaffor, he recommended a guy that does Pentair, didn't shy away from Automation and gave me a cheaper price. So I feel like I'm OB with a consultant.

Pool is a simple 12 x 29 with a bubbler. Will add equipment and everything else to my signature later.

First I had to remove all these pavers.
IMG_5172 (1).jpg

All done, kindda:
IMG_5183.jpg

The next three days were spent doing excavation, and steel. All measurements checked out, now we are waiting for the first inspection.

8C45AA95-FFD9-4F9C-A9E7-681B48A95000.jpgIMG_5200.jpgIMG_5211.jpg100038e3-20d0-453d-8ed9-8e744ce53e8d.jpg

Reactions: carnivalday
Day 12 - Plumbing all done. Tomorrow they do the plumbing inspection in the morning and electrical in the afternoon, and electrical inspection on Wednesday. Few more pics.

Now we are trying to decide between travertine Ivory 8x12 all over the deck vs french pattern. :unsure:

1583191453462.png

1583191484604.png

1583191469571.png

1583191492706.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you getting a screen enclosure and will it have a ClearView or picture window on the water side? They look awesome in your scenario.

Gorgeous! Love the tile below the skimmer. I didn't know that's what I wanted until I saw it.

Buy those artist with a big saw a gallon of beer!! That is some of the best tile work I have seen! LOVE what they did with the skimmer face but look at all of it! Such straight lines and NO mess with the grout! WOWZER!!!!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.