New Pool Build in Oklahoma - Current Stage....Waiting to enjoy it for the first summer

added a picture of a current PH Testing for viewing...What would you all calculate this at?

High ... the number does not matter.

Add 30 oz of 31% MA to the pool, retest in 30 minutes, repeat until pH is in the 7's.

Add the CYA. It will help lower the pH.

Why did your TA go from 70 to 80 to 110?

What is the pH and TA of your fill water?

High ... the number does not matter.

Add 30 oz of 31% MA to the pool, retest in 30 minutes, repeat until pH is in the 7's.

Add the CYA. It will help lower the pH.

Why did your TA go from 70 to 80 to 110?

What is the pH and TA of your fill water?

Done and timer set for retest.

Doing now....

No clue. Haven't done anything different.

PH is higher than 8.2

TA is 50

Not sure what's changed although it is near freezing in OK at the moment. The sheers and bubblers have been running since 6pm last night to keep water moving.

Can you list all the chemicals that have been added to the pool since startup?

TA only rises due to a testing error, chemical additions, or high TA fill water which you don't have.

Put the TF-Pro test kit in your signature.

Only things added to pool have been startup tech by PB, Muriatic Acid, and Calcium Chloride.

I have sent the PB another message and asked if they added anything else.

It's possible there was a testing error as its all new to me but I wouldn't have thought so....

• Sometimes a static electric charge can build up on the R-0009 dropper bottle tip, causing the drops to be smaller than usual and making the test read higher than actual. You can prevent this by wipping the tip of the dropper bottle with a damp cloth or tissue before you start and after each drop.
  • Hold the dropper bottles vertically and squeeze gently, so that drops come out slowly and seem to hang on the tip of the dropper bottle for a moment before falling.

Reactions: boomer2015
Test Results today are

FC - .5
TA - 100 (I tested this 3 times, followed the advice above and had the same results all 3 times)
CYA - 20 (filled the tube but could see a difference after adding CYA yesterday vs before)
PH - 7.8
CH - 475

I wanted to post this here to get advice before adding anything else.

I wanted to post this here to get advice before adding anything else.
Awesome!!! Please do anytime. :)

CYA - 20 (filled the tube but could see a difference after adding CYA yesterday vs before)
What was your target when you added ?

Your volume may be off a bit, but with zero CYA in the fill water, the first add is the only time you can say for certain you added 0-40 (or whatevs).

PH - 7.8
CH - 475
Good to go. (y)

Close enough for government work. Manage the PH and keep it in the 7s. Doing so will bring the TA down to where it wants to be.

Use the CYA level you added, as soon as it's added. Maintain the FC so that it never gets to minimum per the FC/CYA Levels.

This time of year, target range will ensure you are still above minimum at tomorrow's dosing time, but in the spring when the UV ramps up, you may lose 4 ppm a day. If you need to dose over target so that you don't get near minimum tomorrow, then you do what you gotta do. FC is safe all the way up to SLAM (40% of your CYA). Tip-toe-ing the line at minimum FC is a one way ticket to swampville. Always err with more FC instead of less, (10 verses 2, for example) and we will *never* have to discuss your swamp. :)

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.