New pool build in North Texas! A long and skinny pool....

After almost three years since the completion of our pool, we finally took the plunge of making the last modification to our house to compliment our little backyard oasis. We removed all the lowers windows in the living room and installed a double sliding Marvin door instead. So now we can see our pool directly from our living room and we can open the door and get into the pool right there instead go around to the kitchen to get to the backyard and pool. The best of the all, this all glass door really opens up our living room and make the room also feel so much bigger! I just love how my water wall shines in the sunlight!...
0adbdcec0022001bff04514d1794e25e.jpg
1939f390d0f75556b4319eb070548666.jpg
2e7ee06f26df2e142a54325886dd94b8.jpg
99042b107c10b107d0247dded83769e9.jpg

That is beautiful. I love the tiles. I would not get a thing done! Just staring out those beautiful doors to your beautiful pool! Good job!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not happy right now..:2 nights ago there was this big big thunder storm with strong lightening. There was one big lightening strike shook the whole house and now my Pentair Pool pump VF pump is not working (saying over current with a blinking red light) So swimming for us on this georgeous extra day off! Can only sit and look at my pool getting murky until I get the repair guy to come take a look.
143a0ec13e34b9c67cd9a63734bd5d9c.jpg

Has anyone experience this before?

RUN and get a sub pump from Harbor Freight! They are only about $60 or so. You can use it to move your water and keep it from going to the algae monster! Run it and add bleach or chlorine as needed. Brush the pool right after you add it and all should be good AND you can swim!!!!

:hug:not fun but it will save you SO much time and effort keeping your pool clear!

VS pumps are sensitive to any power surges. They are basically a computer control on a high power motor. Did you have any surge protection, either a whole house at the main panel or one on the pump panel? Not that either would protect against an actual lightning strike.

When I converted to a VS pump I added two "whole house" type surge protectors. $130 and one afternoon to install is cheap protection.

And I second buying a submersible pump. They are cheap enough, I think every pool owner should have one around for draining or an emergency, like yours.

Hi there, I love your pool! We are also doing a long and skinny pool, well not quite as long as yours :) . But I am very interested in the concrete patio you laid. I think you said it was Davis Colors 'Silversmoke' and sand blasted. I love the look sandblasting gives the concrete. I have been researching the colors and think by looking at your result the Silversmoke it would be a good choice. But as you may know, Silversmoke looks much darker on the samples, so I am really afraid it will be too dark. Wondering if you felt the Silversmoke lightened up a lot after sandblasting and if this picture is a good representation of what it looks like? Any feedback you could give would be so appreciated!

Hi there, I love your pool! We are also doing a long and skinny pool, well not quite as long as yours :) . But I am very interested in the concrete patio you laid. I think you said it was Davis Colors 'Silversmoke' and sand blasted. I love the look sandblasting gives the concrete. I have been researching the colors and think by looking at your result the Silversmoke it would be a good choice. But as you may know, Silversmoke looks much darker on the samples, so I am really afraid it will be too dark. Wondering if you felt the Silversmoke lightened up a lot after sandblasting and if this picture is a good representation of what it looks like? Any feedback you could give would be so appreciated!

Yes, the silver smoke is beautiful! It was super dark and we loved it. Overtime, it lighten up quite a bit . So no worries about the color being too dark!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.