New Pool Build in NJ

Yes, typically the pool plumbing is placed first and the electrical conduit is run on top.

Dig the trench 2" deeper than needed and add 2" of sand. After the pipes/conduit is run add 2" of sand on top then backfill in lifts compacting along the way.

Aj, I didn’t even think about the noise from the heater. Thank you. I’m starting without the heater but again the noise is a concern. I was planning on placing the filter pad outside the bedroom wall but might have to reconsider. I might be able to install it out side the bedroom assuming that it will only be on during the day and not during the night when we sleep. What do you think?

I would not put a pool equipment pad outside a bedroom wall. Even with a "quiet" pump there are times when the pump may not be quiet if you have a bearing problem. I would not want to be forced to shutdown the pool system every night to get a good nights sleep.

It would be helpful if you could post a pic of your plot showing us what you are dealing with the location of your house, pool, and the equipment pad locations.

You can run a Hayward tristar vs and get a aquaplus salt system with automation all for around 2 grand if u shop around. I'd recommend biting the bullet and adding the heater now. I know about budgets they kill ya. I also live and build in NJ and we have a very short season here. My wife and kids wont touch water less than 85. That would be almost never naturally. I have a gas heater for emergency heat and run solar thru the whole season. I can hit mid 90s with a solar cover for free.

Yes, like you said bite the bullet and buy the heater now. 90 degrees with a cover. That’s impressive. Can you recommend a solar cover?

Thanks Jim

You can run a Hayward tristar vs and get a aquaplus salt system with automation all for around 2 grand if u shop around. I'd recommend biting the bullet and adding the heater now. I know about budgets they kill ya. I also live and build in NJ and we have a very short season here. My wife and kids wont touch water less than 85. That would be almost never naturally. I have a gas heater for emergency heat and run solar thru the whole season. I can hit mid 90s with a solar cover for free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.