New Pool Build in Massachusetts

She is a complete ball dog, so we put her ball in. She waits for it to float to the edge. I think they will both swim. For now, we are just going to enjoy it. What a treat to come home from work and see it done. Love it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The black one went on the sun shelf. Can't get the yellow one in.

We have 2 chocs - they live in the water. Just wait until your two figure out that they have a giant water bowl in the back too ... we gave up on trying to stop them from drinking the pool water.....

Our older choc lab acts like a lifeguard too - it's funny, when we have a bunch of kids in the pool he continuously walks around and counts heads to make sure none of them disappear ...

I bet that after a while you will wish they did NOT want in the pool! LOL

You should get some skimmer socks to help catch the dog hair.

Kim

My granddog, Willie, was just here for a fabulous 10-day visit. His picture is under my username, so you can see he has extremely short hair. As a precaution and never having a dog in my pool before, I decided to try the skimmer socks. Soooooooo very glad I did that. The socks caught so much of his very short fur - the socks almost look black! He was in the pool 2-3 times a day.

Willie had never been in a pool or river, lake, etc. He was not sure about it at all. My son was so very patient with him and after the first day bought a life vest for Willie hoping it would build his confidence. It did the trick. For some reason, Willie's behind always sinks, so the vest was perfect. Maybe if he lived here, he eventually wouldn't need the life vest.

You could really see his confidence grow in stages. First Willie became very comfortable with the sun shelf. Soon he was getting on and off of that himself. To get him used to the main pool part, my son would work with him much like you would a child. Matt held Willie under his body and moved him around the water. Then he slowly began to let go of Willie and encourage Willie to swim a couple of feet to him. At that point, Matt was still lifting Willie up by the back strap on the vest and putting Willie in the water. The next step was teaching Willie where the steps were. That took a day or so. For most of the visit, Willie always got in by the steps or the deep end bench. By the end, Willie was racing around the pool like a greyhound, splashing in and out of the sun shelf and going down the steps on his own and swimming all around the pool. Of course, the main incentive for Willie was to get the big sticks Matt collected at the parks and threw in the water. Willie is a stick man, so he HAD to get the sticks. He went from a serious dog face the first few days to a happy, laughing dog the whole time he was swimming in the pool or playing around it! My son has decided I should build Willie a pool in Oregon! If only I could - afterall, he is my granddog!!!

Sorry, for the tangent about my granddog. Grandma is still basking in the wonderful memories of the visit!!!!

Have fun with your dogs!!!
Suz.

I love this story. I your son isn't a father yet, he will be terrific! Wyatt has spent lots of time on the sun shelf. Echo just won't go near it. We can wait. She will figure it out. I used to put nylons on for skimmer socks. I'll have to grab some. It is hit today so I am about to have a pool full of kids!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Superwy- we're about a week away from Pebble, and I'm getting ready for the initial balance / etc. I got a set of startup instructions from the PB, and it's pretty much the same as the NPC startup card as far as I can tell:

NPC Startup Card

One thing that seemed wrong though was that the PB's instructions said specifically to *not* brush PebbleTec or PebbleSheen finishes. This seems to contradict everything else I've seen online and on this forum. I assume Kadison did your pool too - did you get instructions from them? Were you told to brush the pool surface? (to clarify, the "PB" is not Kadison, but rather the main contractor - they sub out the pebble finish).

Any other tips / words of wisdom for the initial chemical balance?

Thanks.....

Thanks. We are very happy. It is blue granite pebble sheen. We are letting the pool company balance right now and I have been brushing daily. I have some streaking in the deep end so i need to see if that goes away or needs to be adressed. Otherwise it is perfect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.