New Pool Build in Massachusetts

we're doing a renovation in MA, and are still most likely a couple weeks away from pebble (I'm hoping it's done before 2 weeks from today - if not sooner). We (and the previous owners) have always closed the pool mid-October. As frustrating as it is (we just had almost a 1 week delay due to the masonry crew being out sick) - I think you've still got plenty of time. We are planning on keeping things going for about a month after we refill the pool to balance the water, etc. The PB recommended not bothering to put salt back in until the spring (just watch the FC level and add bleach as necessary). I'll probably end up closing late October, and I'm not too worried about that. Hopefully with the trees we've cut back we won't get many leaves in the pool.....

We also cut a bunch of trees. I'm not expecting to get a lot of leaves in the pool so going to keep my pool open as long as possible. Ours got water on Aug 14th and the kids have been in it every single day - rain or shine. It was 70 and rainy today and they were in - Crazy!

Mine are 12 and 9. They came home and ran to the backyard. A little sad. They will survive and be so happy when they can swim. For me, I just want it done. While awful to say, this ski team family starts dry land training in November so our seasons are blending. So fortunate to have an amazing summer and winter so no more complaints here. Just needed to be sad for a few moments today. Love this forum. I actually broke my leg badly three years ago skiing and found a wonderful online forum. The Internet has its perks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Pebble day has finally arrived. They are working hard.
327607fed38ff724e7ee7543511fd29e.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ha! Felt like I needed to after getting my daughter ready for picture day this morning! They are done. Water tomorrow. I can't believe it. Luckily we have a stretch of some warm weather so we may even get a little use. So excited to see it done.
980877952af2c461d2e3c68986a5a949.jpg
ed7e752e4cbdaa32fff06a69669955ed.jpg
2c80a0f925a38d77bad42bd4658c2108.jpg

It took about 5 hours. The pool company comes tomorrow to acid wash and finish it then water. Of course, I work from home 95% of the time and have to teach all day tomorrow. Oh, well. It will be a great surprise when I get home.

LOL at having to work tomorrow after all of this!

Picture day---------we have picture day on Thursday. I HATE picture day as I am the teacher! It gets the kids all wound up to get them off schedule AND we have PTO that night also! Talk about being tired! LOL

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.