New Pool Build in Fulshear - Houston TX Area

We had a visit to the builders tile supplier and made what I think are our final picks. We're looking at doing:

A grey/blue 1x2 tile for the waterline
A 1x1 glass for the rolled edge spa
A silver travertine coping
And a very light split face 2x4 stone for the wall / spa surround

As for the pool surface we're going with Aqua White for the main color and Stone Pearl as a contrast on the sundeck, benches and spa.

Pics below.

We also had the excavation crew back out today to bring and compact more backfill for our hill. It's almost there, it looks like they need one more truck of dirt to finish near the deep end.

Since my last post we had 4 trees removed, which I HATED to do, I loved the shade and privacy of those trees. If you scroll up you can see our yard before we got started. Anyway I fully intend to plant a tree in our yard for each one we took out.

I've also ordered several of the items recommended on the TFP website, skimmer saver, whale brush, the electronic stirrer, etc.

Tomorrow is our last day of watering the shell, day 10, so happy about that as well. I think that's it for now, thanks for reading along! Here come the pics...

UmoTvTC.jpg

nTlynfc.jpeg

oIBp9om.jpeg

MM5dv2Y.jpeg

Sf3zCSo.jpeg

ff8Kifx.jpeg

Oh my! I LOVE those colors together! That is going to look rich! Good picks!

Now lets talk about the grout and mortar. The mortar for the 1x1 glass tiles will be very important as it can change the look of the tile. Get some paint chips in white, off white, light gray and lay the tile on top of them outside by the pool area and see which one you like the best.

For the grout they should have grout sticks that shows the different colors of grout. I am thinking a light or medium gray would work best but see what you think and let us know.

What are you going to put on that area at the back of the pool after the dirt work is done?

Kim:kim:

So we decided on an alternate coping, and moved our 'silver' into the stone. Here's where we landed, we're still pretty happy with this and no upgrade fee for coping. We also had him delete the booster pump and cleaner from our deal. Now to research the robots.

fSrCDfQ.jpeg

Those stone colors are exactly the same as mine! I am happy with my choice. I hope you guys like them. For the robot, I just got Maytronics S300 from Marina Pool in Colorado. That's where many TFP members buy robot cleaners.

So we decided on an alternate coping, and moved our 'silver' into the stone. Here's where we landed, we're still pretty happy with this and no upgrade fee for coping. We also had him delete the booster pump and cleaner from our deal. Now to research the robots.

fSrCDfQ.jpeg

Those stone colors are exactly the same as mine! I am happy with my choice. I hope you guys like them. For the robot, I just got Maytronics S300 from Marina Pool in Colorado. That's where many TFP members buy robot cleaners.

Nice, well I like what I see in your pics so that works! And keeping the great minds think alike theme going I just called and also ordered an S300 from Marina. They said it would do everything I needed it to. And it cost exactly what I was credited for dropping the booster pump and Polaris cleaner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Kim! Marina doesn't mess around, ordered the S300 yesterday, delivers tomorrow. We'll definitely name it, we named our indoor robot vacuum.

I got an update from the PB saying they were going to start blocking and tiling the pool Tuesday, then doing stonework and coping for about 10 days. Are there any typical things to watch out for during this step? I'm trying to be at the house for the major work so I'll probably hang around Tuesday when they get started but after that I'll just be checking in the evenings.

What tile did you pick? (too lazy to look back to see if you have posted it already LOL).

Watch how they do the corners and skimmer area. True "artist" will make these areas a non-problem...............non artists can make a mess of it :(

Kim:kim:

Thanks! We need the rain but of course it’s right in the middle of building. Who makes the pebble you are using?

http://clindustries.com/pebble-pool-finishes/crystalstones-smooth/

I hear you on the rain, I've been telling my friends when they dug the pool they dug up a burial ground of rain dancers so now we're cursed.

The guys came out yesterday and did 90% of the water line tile, they covered it all in plastic so it won't make much of a picture right now. They're supposed to come back if the skies clear this afternoon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.