New pool build in Boca Raton FL!

Callalilly41

Dec 22, 2020
Boca Raton FL
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello everyone! I’m in the process of getting quotes from builders, I’m waiting on one more quote to come in. It’s crazy how much the prices have gone up for a pool with no spa lol. I’m looking at buliding a 12x28 in ground concrete pool, with tanning ledge. I’m looking to do artistic shellock pavers in a white for the surrounding deck. The included pic is somewhat what I’m going to do, I’m having the pool designer make the shelf come out of the pool more so the pool won’t be as narrow as it is in the drawing, but the shape and overall feel is what I’m going for! Super excited we are going to sign a contract probably in March so I still have a few weeks to go!

Attachments

• AF49AB54-AC7A-4BA8-9DB7-D5C2B7AD1B88.jpeg
    AF49AB54-AC7A-4BA8-9DB7-D5C2B7AD1B88.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 63
I love the Shellock. If they had them in grey we would have gotten them for our spa coping. Their other styles with grey just didn't have the same impact to be as the shells do.

I love the Shellock. If they had them in grey we would have gotten them for our spa coping. Their other styles with grey just didn't have the same impact to be as the shells do.
I think they now have the grey available in the shellock, it’s called Silver Sam. But it might be a recently added color. Our house is white so I think the white/ivory will look nice with it. It was either the Artistic Shellock pavers or the sand blasted marble for the decking as the travertine I’ve seen is too tan/beige for my liking. Funny how one PB has Artisitc as a cheaper option he hides in the back room (I had to ask if they used it), yet another PB had it front and center as more expensive option than travertine 🤷‍♀️ It’s so funny how they price out their items. That same builder had the water tile I liked as a regular tile not an upgrade, yet the pb who said artistic was cheaper had the same tile as an upgrade. Go figure! My husband calls the PB here the Florida mafia lol

Hey everyone! I got some more quotes for my pool build, but I keep getting the smaller versions of VS pumps. Like superflo 1.5 hp VS pump. I see most ppl here go with 3 hp VS pumps. Should I be upgrading my pumps to 3hp? My pool will be 12x28 with a separate 12x 7 sunshelf with a bubbler.

Last edited:
C,

Most people here like the 3 HP IntelliFlo because it is configured to allow control by automation systems.. The Pentair SuperFlo VS is not easily controlled by automation.

If you are not going to have automation, then the SuperFlo VS will work just fine.

One benefit of having the larger IntelliFlo pump, is that you can run it slower and still move a lot of water.

If I built 10 more pools, they would all have IntelliFlo pumps... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What plaster finish did you go with ?
Haven’t chosen the exact color yet but I’m thinking a quartzite plaster because I don’t like the feel of the pebbles, and it will most probably be a white based one because I hear darker shades get warmer in the summer months! But I will be sure to update once I decide 👍

Haven’t chosen the exact color yet but I’m thinking a quartzite plaster because I don’t like the feel of the pebbles, and it will most probably be a white based one because I hear darker shades get warmer in the summer months! But I will be sure to update once I decide 👍
Love your choices of the Shellock and quartzite...Will be following you !

Reactions: Callalilly41
Got back our engendered plans that we are going to submit for permitting! But there are a few things we have to change like they put the Pool equipment on the wrong side of the house lol

Attachments

• 3A57C6A7-4D17-40E5-A86F-227945C543E4.jpeg
    3A57C6A7-4D17-40E5-A86F-227945C543E4.jpeg
    476.2 KB · Views: 18
Got back our engendered plans that we are going to submit for permitting! But there are a few things we have to change like they put the Pool equipment on the wrong side of the house lol
I like that pool design. We separated the sun shelf and steps too. My thought was that you wouldn’t want people stepping over you on the sun shelf to get in the pool. Hopefully you get your permits back soon. Ours took about 5-6wks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.