New pool build in Allen TX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Congrats on the pool it looks wonderful. I was about to ask for pictures at night with the Microbrites as I’ve been researching them compared to Intellbrites and ran across your build and comments in other threads. From the pictures, it looks a lot like what I’m trying to accomplish... a nice uniform glow without hot spots and low lights.

Based on our design, I spec’d in a 6 Microbrites for the pool hoping to get a more subtle glow. Also, I will put them on 2 separate circuits/transformers to be able to have one set of three on, or the other three, or all six to illuminate the pool. We will have sitting areas on either side of the pool so could also minimize glare depending where we are sitting. Or be able to have different colors at the same time.

Now that you’ve seen the Microbrites in action, what’s your impression?

I don’t want to hijack your build thread so feel free to PM me. I need to start a build thread but haven’t had the time yet.

Thanks,
Rob

Reactions: joepaiii
Congrats on the pool it looks wonderful. I was about to ask for pictures at night with the Microbrites as I’ve been researching them compared to Intellbrites and ran across your build and comments in other threads. From the pictures, it looks a lot like what I’m trying to accomplish... a nice uniform glow without hot spots and low lights.

Based on our design, I spec’d in a 6 Microbrites for the pool hoping to get a more subtle glow. Also, I will put them on 2 separate circuits/transformers to be able to have one set of three on, or the other three, or all six to illuminate the pool. We will have sitting areas on either side of the pool so could also minimize glare depending where we are sitting. Or be able to have different colors at the same time.

Now that you’ve seen the Microbrites in action, what’s your impression?

I don’t want to hijack your build thread so feel free to PM me. I need to start a build thread but haven’t had the time yet.

Thanks,
Rob
I like them a lot... although I haven't been able to get them to change colors yet. My intellicenter isn't fully setup yet, that happens this weekend so hopefully will figure that out soon. I have five in the main pool body and with it on white mode it is plenty bright and very little shadows. I went through a nightmare trying to figure out lighting and am glad that I added some extras. I am sure when the colors like red come on it will really make a difference.

Check out the jandy design guide for lights... it has tons of tips to keep in mind for placement.

I like your idea of adding them on two circuits... just make sure to get the extra circuits in the controller you spec.

Reactions: Slaru
We have a diving board. They are finally finishing the trim out on the patio cover. Sprinklers rerouted and sod goes in at the end of the week. Deck seal may happen tomorrow. Almost done. Still have punch list items.

Oh anyone reading this thinking about a diving pool - make sure your contract has the dive envelope required for the board listed and check it in the design drawing - especially the final one.

58665718-5546-44A0-9737-9CC8B3FB59AC.jpeg

I like the base of your diving board. I saw in your specs from a few months back that the base and springs are “salt friendly.” Are they also Frontier? Our board is still in very good shape but the base and springs are getting kinda rusty after 13 years. I’ve tried rust inhibitors, but will need to replace in the not too distant future.

Reactions: joepaiii
I like the base of your diving board. I saw in your specs from a few months back that the base and springs are “salt friendly.” Are they also Frontier? Our board is still in very good shape but the base and springs are getting kinda rusty after 13 years. I’ve tried rust inhibitors, but will need to replace in the not too distant future.
Yes it is a frontier III salt friendly mount.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.