New Pool Build - Haslet, Tx

Hey you could totally tailgate in your own back yard by the pool. You know, for science and stuff. LOL. I do hope your tile guys show up soon. I really can't wait to see how that beautiful tile looks. Tell your builder your spectators are getting restless!!!

I see it now. That is a pretty fence. So fancy! Painting it?? THAT will be a job for sure. I bet it takes more than one six pack to get it done LOL

How much land do you have? That is a nice size place!

Kim

Well Karens stone masons showed up in Haslet today or at least this afternoon. They got the waterproofing for the rock areas completed and started cutting the coping. Waterfall should start tomorrow and electrician will be here to wrap up there end of the project.

Kim - we have a acre, some days it plenty big and some days we would like to be on 100 acres.

Travertine sitting in place.
15276868799_aa1dca3a12_b.jpg

15276888359_81e680f025_b.jpg

I am sure when it is time to mow it is a LOT of land LOL! I have 6.5 acres! We only do the pasture (4 acres) every other time. The house yard (2.5 acres) we do every time it needs it. This summer it needed it a lot!

I like the cuts they have made so far. Good for them for setting them in place as they do so they can see the gaps.

That is going to be so cool when it is done! THANKS for letting us come along for the ride!

Kim

The travertine looks similar to what we went with, and love it. I should have sealed it quicker but put it off since the kids were either swimming or it rained and now we have some wear from the salt water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tile and rock guys finished up this week. All that is left is for them to come back and grout the tile. Looking at the tile last night i think i will have them fix a few places where its bumpy. I imagine laying the 1"X1" glass tile was a pain but i'm paying for them to do it to my level of satisfaction. Waterfall came out pretty good and we like it. Can't wait to see it running. Hopefully deck will go in this upcoming week. It's a gloomy cold overcast day but it's new pictures :)

15505489272_4acd133187_c.jpg

15505866645_178e10a029_c.jpg

15319128570_314c5dd6ea_c.jpg

15505480302_c8eb957b48_c.jpg

You KNOW we LOVE pictures! I like the rocks.

Good for you for making them do the work that YOU are paying for right. Yeah I bet it could be a pain BUT if they did not think they could do it RIGHT they should have passed on the job.............

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well decking was completed on Wednesday then on Friday we put the sprinkler system back together and did some grading. Ended up getting a great deal on a Kichler lighting system, so I put them in this afternoon. Hopefully mastic Monday or Tuesday and plaster on Wednesday thru Friday if we are lucky. Fingers and toes crossed.

15441841478_d1e1225e5c_b.jpg

What kind of lights are those? I am looking for lights that can light up the water wall in our pool. Any info will be helpful!

These are kichler LED lights. Great so far and I have these about 16' away from the waterfall. There are three total lighting up the entire waterfall. In order to get them to look right you need them all about the same distance away otherwise the light it throws will be uneven. I had all three in one flower bed and had to move the one on the right to the other closer flower bed because the light was not even. These come with a 15 year warranty and although pricey they seem to be worth it. Put them in yourself as it is very easy with the clips. Running the low voltage wire everywhere you ever think you want lights in the future is the hardest part. My transformer is about 100' away from the lights so I dropped the low voltage wire in the sprinkler trench while I had it open.

The connection clips are on the right of this picture. Trim the insulation back push into the connector and squeeze. That simple. I had to get the extensions to get the lights high enough to go over the rocks. These are not included with the main lights.
15011893513_4f270d992a_b.jpg

15011893313_a8a21f3802_b.jpg

15608354096_c1298a58c3_b.jpg

Pebbletec guys showed Friday morning and came back Saturday morning to acid wash. We started filling around 10AM. Hopefully by this afternoon we should be full!!!! To bad it's 50 degrees outside :( . In order to stop tracking dirt in the house I had sod put down also. It should make it through the winter ok. It just needs to be watered to keep it moist throughout the winter. It's bermuda / tiff.

15493165527_c4156ed579_b.jpg
[/url]

15059010023_de7f7cff66_b.jpg
[/url]

15678372705_571e637b1c_b.jpg
[/url]

The pebble guys did get some spots on the stained concrete decking. They tried to clean most of them up but missed a few. Any idea on how to get them up without removing the stained concrete?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.