New Pool Build Hampton Roads, VA

bigwig001

Jul 3, 2020
Suffolk, VA
Greetings all! I am new to the forum, but appreciate all the research I have been able to glean from reading thus far.
My wife and I have found our PB after many months of calls, meetings, no-shows, finger pointing, etc. We have found that this is a "unique" industry and no two builders will tell you the same thing. Luckily, we are very happy with our selection and we signed our contract to build last evening!

Originally, we had intended to do fiberglass, however, due to size restrictions of those and the fact that no one in our area builds them, with one poor exception, we elected to go the vinyl route.

Details: 18x40 "Lazy L" with a 9' tanning ledge plus steps in the shallow end, and a 2x5' sitting edge in the deep end (all ledges and steps are steel framed and backfilled with crushed concrete). Overall depth is 6' with a 3' shallow end. We did not want slides, or diving boards, more of a relaxing pool.

Filter - Hayward DEP500 quad cartridge DE filter
Pump - Hayward MaxFlo VS 500
Lights - 3 Hayward ColorLogic LEDs
Hayward Selectaflow control valve
Automation - Hayward ProLogic
Cleaner - Dolphin S200
Saltwater Chlorination system - Details to follow

We are also adding 3 deck jets to add some "pop" as the wife calls it.

We have plenty of room in the yard for the pool, and dont feel trees or debris will be a problem as our tree line is quite a ways back (5+ Acres) See pic

Any tips or recommendations? We are looking to begin the dig first week of October.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    943.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.