New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see pics! As for work, at least it is close to the weekend:)

- - - Updated - - -

I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see pics! As for work, at least it is close to the weekend :)

I was up at the crack of dawn just in case they were showing up today! I don't want to miss any of the action. However, I just got a message, I've got to actually go in for a work meeting today. :( They better not get here while I'm away!!!

We will be driving to Galveston Sunday the 5th to board a ship. We could come by at around 10a.m. Is it too early to start then?

How did I miss these posts???? 10AM sounds just about right!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Pool party at Sun's everyone! She said she had the bar stocked. Dang, finally someone making progress through all the monsoons!

I LOVE to host parties! I say lets do this!

So, I have to head to the office for a lunch meeting and went out to do my daily save the frogs lap - where I scoop out little frogs that have gotten in and are so exhausted they can't move. I stepped down onto the tanning ledge and noticed a snake on the steps looking back at me. He is a dead snake now, but OMG. I keep picturing that creepy think looking at me. <full body shivers>

Having trouble posting pic . . . which may be a good thing

I would have screamed like a girl.

I have encountered two scary snakes since living in Texas. Both times were when I was mowing my lawn and I had to deal with them because I didn't want them to get my kids. One ended up being a hog nose which apparently is harmless but it was huge. I saw it when I was mowing so I got a large painter's pole and picked it up and put it down a really deep storm drain. I didn't know what it was but I knew it wasn't one of the four deadly snakes in Texas.

The second one was a coral snake while I was weed trimming. I ran into the house to get my phone because I didn't remember the saying "red touches black" blah blah blah. Turns out it was a real coral snake so I tried to get it with my weed eater which backfired on me. It shot the snake 10 feet into the air and I thought it was going to fall on me so I took off running. It stunned it and it wasn't moving much so I went back into the garage and got a shovel and killed it. Talk about a scary moment. Normally I would have just left the things alone but I was worried that my kids or dogs would find it.

We found these Chaise Lounges at Costco for $299. You get 2 loungers in a box. If you buy at the store you save on shipping. We haven't opened them yet, but we did sit in them in the store. Great chairs and another option if looking for loungers.

18462353524_c1f0f51788_b.jpg
[/url]Untitled by natvtxn27, on Flickr[/IMG]

18461760274_75042cf390_z.jpg
[/url]Untitled by natvtxn27, on Flickr[/IMG]

These are the ones I have, and i LOVE THEM! :)

Wonder what kind of snake it was? I have a large bull snake that hangs around our acreage, but it keeps all the rattlesnakes away. Sometimes when its really hot outside it will come lay in our garage on the cool concrete, then I will have to get a shovel and lift it up and put it back in the field. Freaks my wife out, but better than rattlesnakes by far.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would have screamed like a girl.

I have encountered two scary snakes since living in Texas. Both times were when I was mowing my lawn and I had to deal with them because I didn't want them to get my kids. One ended up being a hog nose which apparently is harmless but it was huge. I saw it when I was mowing so I got a large painter's pole and picked it up and put it down a really deep storm drain. I didn't know what it was but I knew it wasn't one of the four deadly snakes in Texas.

The second one was a coral snake while I was weed trimming. I ran into the house to get my phone because I didn't remember the saying "red touches black" blah blah blah. Turns out it was a real coral snake so I tried to get it with my weed eater which backfired on me. It shot the snake 10 feet into the air and I thought it was going to fall on me so I took off running. It stunned it and it wasn't moving much so I went back into the garage and got a shovel and killed it. Talk about a scary moment. Normally I would have just left the things alone but I was worried that my kids or dogs would find it.

You win the prize for giving Suz the biggest laugh ever! OMG! Tears were rolling down my face for the longest. :laughblue: I tried to reply right after it posted, but I didn't have a good signal. I was having a devil of a time typing cuz I was laughing so hard!

No video needed for this! Your description was good enough to see it over and over in my mind!! Thanks for the fun! (at your expense of the agony!) Take care. Suz.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder what kind of snake it was? I have a large bull snake that hangs around our acreage, but it keeps all the rattlesnakes away. Sometimes when its really hot outside it will come lay in our garage on the cool concrete, then I will have to get a shovel and lift it up and put it back in the field. Freaks my wife out, but better than rattlesnakes by far.

I'm with you AND your wife! I would freak out like your wife - just thinking about that big ole snake gives me the creeps. And I agree with you - it's far better than rattlesnakes (my sister used to hunt them - another story for another time). I'd have to have a snake wrangler, though, because I could never move a big snake like that.

I think I've seen a bull snake before, but I'm not sure. I turned and ran so fast, I didn't get that good a look at him! Suz.

Soooooooooooo did you going to the meeting make the guys show up?????????

Snakes stores! Flying snakes, snakes on steps, "oh I am hot so I will cool off here" snakes! Funny stuff! I am the snake getter,mover, etc. If it is a dangerous snake my husband will shot it with the shotgun BUT then I have to get the shovel and throw it into the woods behind us LOL.

Kim

Lol, you guys are so funny!!! Love these stories!

The crew didn't show today, I'm hoping for tomorrow but we got a really heavy rain this afternoon, hoping that doesn't postpone me :(

I can hear the marching bands' music playing in the background!! Oh, there's gonna be celebrating today!!

C'mon! Snap to it - get those pictures rollin'!!

Be sure to remind them about the shimmering sea shells!!

Happy, happy dance! Suz.

I'm so tired!! I couldn't sleep at all last night - couldn't stop thinking about today! They showed up at 7 this morning! I've taken a ton of pics, but when I try to upload any, I get errors. I'm still trying! I'm also doing a time-lapse!

I'm sure you didn't sleep last night! It may be difficult to sleep tonight, too. I'd be up all night looking to see how much it had filled!

Happy adrenaline will keep you going!!! You can always post pictures later - just don't forget to snap the pictures!

Suz.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW..... I'm halfway up to your place now - found the address online and jumped in the car as soon as I saw your post!!!!!

Just kidding!!! Ha ha!! I'm stuck at home waiting for the a/c repairman (my latest hero!). Have fun!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.