New Pool Build. Champagne Taste on a Beer Budget

Re: Champagne Taste on a Beer Budget

This is my favorite shape pool. Can't wait to see how it progresses and the finished pool! Keep the pics coming!

So after some freezing weather and rain we are at it again.

Starting the pipe runs.

Main lines.

Mains are set.

The pipe keeps coming.

Much more pipe coming in.

Dirt pile starting to be built up.

Many, many runs.

Lines coming up in future pump room.

Starting to level up sides.

Felt sorry for this guy. Every day 8 to 10 hours tamping. But at least they are doing it right.

Had gravel back-fill along entire perimeter.

Just about level by future Tiki hut / dog kennel.

Lining them up with more fill dirt.

Still coming up slowly to level.

Another load coming in.

Another one down.

Will keep em coming. thanks. Finally, got the wife to decide on a color for the coping but it will take about 3 weeks to get here. Electrician has all runs done except the main line. They told him it would only need a 50 amp run but we had already planned on a 150 amp main for future use and equipment. Once he gets that in I can start running my gutter drains and footer for the retaining walls.

Wow Mac, it's looking good. I have the exact same looking pool (lagoon) half built at about the same stage you're in! If you took a picture of both pools now without the background, they'd look identical. Only difference is my shelf is on the left. What kind of material are you using for the coping? I think that's the next step for us. Mine has been sitting dormant since end of fall last year and PB is supposed to start again in a week! :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
pcqt- We will watching to see some pics from yours, very interested.

Rachel3, rustyb85- The 4 mains were put in because of multiple water features. Especially the two 3ft sheer descents will use a lot of volume.

We also had the coping footer poured today and hoping to get coping by Friday. It is 4ft sections with a full rounded bull-nose. A concrete product but with a travertine look to it. They are by Stone Creek pavers.

Mike if you look in the other pictures it will show that the tubes were set in the bond beam and then backfill and a footer poured on top for coping. This basically gives your coping a concrete I beam with rebar to sit on.

Rebar in place and filling tubes and footer.

Last load of the day.

Finished and awaiting coping.

Well every time it starts to dry up here it rains again slowing us down. Anyways, the coping was shipped from Texas and only 2 pallets plus a third of someone else' s made it here. Our third pallet ended up in Nashville TN. So Monday the truck shows up to switch pallets but it was empty of course. They are hoping to get it back by Friday so everything pretty much at a stand still now.

Would love to see some of your build, sounds like you are having better luck than us.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.