New pool build *Avondale/Litchfield Park, AZ* Presidential Pools

No windows close to the pumps and there will be several feet of landscape/concrete from our master bedroom to water when done so we should be good there.

Thanks for the feedback, electrical completed today, inspection moved up from Monday to tomorrow (was trying to get in front of the predicted heavy rains forecasted this weekend) but looks like the shotcrete will be after the rain (Crossing fingers that the hole/rebar hold up in the heavy rain).

First time since moving to AZ that I DON'T want rain at this time!

Electrical is/was done and inspection tomorrow.

Outlet/stub for upcoming BBQ island.
20140904_144020-M.jpg

20140904_144030-M.jpg

20140904_144054-M.jpg

20140904_144111-M.jpg

20140904_144126-M.jpg

20140904_144135-M.jpg

20140904_144139-M.jpg

20140904_144202-M.jpg

Outlet/stub for upcoming BBQ island.
20140904_144357-M.jpg

20140904_161845-M.jpg

20140904_161832-M.jpg

How about some rain but not in your backyard? I followed the thread advice and gathered all my Pentair equipment information so I can submit for the 3 year warranty because of the 3 piece bundle. Thanks for showing the Easy Touch, I was curious how that would all come together. Good luck with the inspection. - Karen

As for BBQ island, take it from me, you're going to need more than one outlet. Not sure what your plans are for that, but I have three outlets, a 64k BTU gas grille AND an XL Big Green Egg charcoal smoker.

You're also going to need a deck light built into your BBQ deck for night grilling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice island did you build it and what size egg do you have? My pergola will have overhead lighting and i plan to run mostly LED lighting (except the rotisserie)

We have a delay, other than the rain (had standing water) that the steps into the Bajastep were found to be incorrect and now have to be redone (they were trying to shoot tomorrow) :(

How it should be vs. how it is:
20140905_102629-M.jpg

Standing water (with a LOT more coming this weekend):
20140904_191303-M.jpg

Extra Large Egg .... this family eats MEAT!!!!

Love, love, LOOOOOVE the BGE! Total EggHead here. They are awesome! They cook awesome! They smoke awesome! They are, in short, AWESOME!!!!!!

I use my Egg way more than my gas grille ( aka, the blow-torch). Food tastes waaaaaay better on the Egg.

If it ain't on your plan.....well, then I'm just :( for you and you may come to my backyard when we smoke some Elk this season.

And, you need more outlets :) you just do, even when everybody tells you that you don't and you couldn't possibly use that many outlets, you will slap your head in the future and say, "dang! I really wish I had another outlet..."

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here was my thinking prior to truly falling in love with the Egg - it would be great to have both so that I can do long smoking cookouts on the Egg and do burgers and dogs on the blow-torch.

I still feel like that thinking is somewhat valid and it does take longer to get an Egg started and hot. But I prefer the Egg over the blow torch any day for taste and flavor.

So maybe, if you go big on the Egg then you can go a little smaller on the gas grille and save some money or get a bigger Egg.

One other tip - I had the Egg built into the BBQ deck but if I had it to do over again, I would not do that. You need easy access to the bottom of the Egg so I would have just made a cut out for it. It's not a huge deal-breaker but getting to the bottom draft door on my setup is a bit of a PITA and I have to clean ash out from the top now as it is too cumbersome from the bottom.

Pro-Tip #2 - make sure you get your Egg ONLY FROM A CERTIFIED BGE Distributor. Do not get it any place else. In order for the BGE Warranty to be valid, you have to buy through their distribution channel. Tucson only has one (1) certified reseller. Not sure about the Phoenix area.

Nice island did you build it and what size egg do you have? My pergola will have overhead lighting and i plan to run mostly LED lighting (except the rotisserie)

We have a delay, other than the rain (had standing water) that the steps into the Bajastep were found to be incorrect and now have to be redone (they were trying to shoot tomorrow) :(

How it should be vs. how it is:
20140905_102629-M.jpg

Standing water (with a LOT more coming this weekend):
20140904_191303-M.jpg

I really only wish you the best, but a small part of me is glad they dug the baja wrong. Cal pools messed up our Baja steps.

No windows close to the pumps and there will be several feet of landscape/concrete from our master bedroom to water when done so we should be good there.

Not windows near the pumps, the two windows towards the front of the house on that side.
If they are bedrooms, then the entire escape route from those windows around the house to the street needs 30" min egress. Again, they might not care out there.

Before it rains, fill in a dam of dirt in those trenches so the water wont run from the trenches into the pool, as it will tear it up fast running. If you passed inspections then fill them in more, Sunday sounds like it will be a big one.

+1 on the ceramic smoker, except I am a Primo XL guy with a cyberQ WiFi controller. It ROCKS! And made in USA. My 6 burner gasser hasn't been on in years.

When we went to the outdoor kitchen store to look at appliances, they were cooking apple pies on the Eggs. If you look on our design, the PB even put a spot in the kitchen area for an Egg - we didn't even know what it was then. Apple Pies - can you imagine? Now we know to go to the BBQ stores on the weekends because they serve smoked/BBQ meats and Pies while you shop!

CW - Doing the "keep the rain in the front yard only" dance for you.

When we went to the outdoor kitchen store to look at appliances, they were cooking apple pies on the Eggs. If you look on our design, the PB even put a spot in the kitchen area for an Egg - we didn't even know what it was then. Apple Pies - can you imagine? Now we know to go to the BBQ stores on the weekends because they serve smoked/BBQ meats and Pies while you shop!

CW - Doing the "keep the rain in the front yard only" dance for you.

Pies, cookies, pizza.....oh yeah, and two 9lbs pork butts that I made enough pulled pork for my entire HOA. I've done it all in the Egg.

This Thanksgiving will host two smoked turkey breasts and stuffing done in the Egg.....YUM!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.