New pool build *Avondale/Litchfield Park, AZ* Presidential Pools

cwescapexlt4x4

LifeTime Supporter
Good day all,

We signed our contract and left the deposit and digging starts soon our in-ground roughly 18x30 foot salt pool.
They are coming out Monday to paint the layout and should dig within the next few days after... exciting time!

We have set to go in:
Presidential Pools 30' L x 17 W x 3.5-5.5' (89' perimeter) / Baja Step / Q-360 in-floor / Pentair VS3050 Pump with 420 filter / IC 40 Salt System / LED pool light /
3' Sheer decent spill / Radiant Fusion (think Pebble Sheen) Regal Blue / Acrylic Lace decking in Tea & Cream

I can't wait to have this after a warm/hot Arizona day.

Conceptual photos of the pool

Re: Just about to dig for our new pool

Thanks all, we are beyond excited but anxious about the construction/disruption for the dogs but know it's for a short amount of time overall.

Definitely keep the dogs away from the construction. Once they dig and start to layout the rebar for shotcrete, the construction zone will be dangerous (rusty metal rebar, metal tie wire, rock & dirt piles, etc). Not good for little doggy paws :(

My kids were allowed to watch the construction work but were forbidden to play on the work site, just simply too dangerous.

Pool looks great! You'll love it the minute you first swim in it.

Layout done yesterday, meeting with the super today and find out how soon we dig!

20140818_181730-M.jpg

20140818_181159-M.jpg

So met with the Project Manager and we are on for dig on Tues 8/26 or Wed 8/27 (weather permitting as it's been raining like crazy here!)
Excited and plan to do a time-lapse video of (at least) the dig if not more of the build process. We made a slight change to add "puck" lights to help light up the baja step and to "under light" the spill.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Ongoing process for new pool *Avondale/Litchfield Park, AZ* Presidential Pools

Weather dependent, we are set to dig tomorrow! :)
The only time in AZ will you ever hear me say "I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow!"

- - - Updated - - -

we almost went with Presidential, and regret not doing so. Of course, you never know what could've happened. Hope it goes well.

Cal pools was the other vendor we almost chose. What was/were your issue(s) with Cal?

Ongoing process for new pool *Avondale/Litchfield Park, AZ* Presidential Pools

Here's hoping we stay dry!!

The real nail-biter is AFTER they dig. Then you have a huge hole in the ground and your praying it doesn't rain before all the rebar and plumbing goes in. Until that gunite shell is shot, one heavy rain storm can turn the pool hole into a muddy mess and render all the plumbing and rebar work useless. You'll never see a more ticked off bunch of guys than a excavator crew having to dig out a mud hole :(

Light sprinkles....that's all we need right now, just light sprinkles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ongoing process for new pool *Avondale/Litchfield Park, AZ* Presidential Pools

Yeah, would hate for a heavy rain to come in and bring down the sides ... let alone fill up the hole. :)

In case no one told you, just wait until the gunite shell fills up with rainwater and you get a nasty green soup to look at for a few weeks while the concrete cures. You'll be amazed at all the toads that show up to breed. It's like they send out a text message when a new pool is built and they all descend on the stagnant water for a frog party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Ongoing process for new pool *Avondale/Litchfield Park, AZ* Presidential Pools

Weather dependent, we are set to dig tomorrow! :)
The only time in AZ will you ever hear me say "I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow!"

- - - Updated - - -

Cal pools was the other vendor we almost chose. What was/were your issue(s) with Cal?

designer promising things that never get communicated to the site foreman. go see my build thread. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/70583-New-Build-in-Buckeye-AZ

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.