Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi ya'll. My wife and I are at the beginning of our journey of building our first pool. I've lurked some on this website after finding it while searching for details about maintaining chlorine in our little blowup hot tub that we got several months ago. Anyways, looking for any good suggestions on pool builders in the south Austin area? (specifically we live in Dripping Springs, but seems like anyone will travel within reason).

We really like the safety notion of an automatic cover and just knowing that kids (ours 8, 10, 12 or random ones) won't be able to easily get in by accident. I have also come to the light that a SWG would be a good way to go. I want to say that I saw a post that indicated there was a brand of equipment that could monitor your auto-cover and adjust the salt generation as needed. Anyone know about this?

Our rough idea so far is up to a 20x40 pool with a detached spa. We don't like the idea of a built-in even though it would be able to be auto-covered. Seems like if you just wanted to spa, especially in the winter time, it'd be annoying to have to open up the whole pool and climb in the corner only. This post (Raised Hot Tub Safety Cover) mentions beyondnice.com as a source for covers for spa, so we would probably end up doing something like that.

If you do a separate hot tub, do you need to get two sets of equipment, or can things be set up to provide to the pool and the spa, etc?

Thinking 7-8' deep end for jumping in, probably 3.5' in the shallow, include some amount of tan/sun ledge thru part of it, etc. Colored lights, 2 skimmers, lots of valves, etc. Also sounds like the robot's are super favorited around here for cleaning.

Also any suggestions on great builders in the area would be appreciated. Thanks all!

Hi and welcome to TFP!!!

I like your idea of a separate hot tub. I want to see if you are talking about a ready made tub with those oh so wonderful seats and many jets placed just so or doing one out of concrete and plaster like a build in spa but separate from the pool.

As for finding a builder the best thing you can do is do some calling around as well as looking for their signs in yards to see if the home owners will chat with you about how their build is going.

TFP suggests you get at least 5 quotes and sharing them here so we can look them over to make sure you are getting your best bang for the buck.

You should also pop over to the under construction section to look around at some of the current builds in action and look at some of the older builds to give you an idea what you are in for.

Kim:kim:

@Segami, What part of Austin are you in? Were also in Austin(Actually Leander) and most of the way through our build. PM me if you would like and I can share the builders we quoted with as well as the one we selected and my feedback if you want.

@Segami, What part of Austin are you in? Were also in Austin(Actually Leander) and most of the way through our build. PM me if you would like and I can share the builders we quoted with as well as the one we selected and my feedback if you want.
Same here, also in Leander and part way through our build. Pools are going up everywhere in this part of town.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.