New Pool Build (Another One) in Allen, TX

Re: New Pool (Planning Stage) in Allen, TX

RBS built my pool in 2005. I started out with a chlorine pool and changed to a salt system. The salt disolved (ate) my flagstone coping and RBS replaces all the flagstone and changed the system back to chlorine with no charge. Good company in DFW.

Did you decide on aqua white or aqua blue? We went and looked at a few pools today with aqua blue, Tahoe blue and midnight blue. The Tahoe blue has a hint of green and has been eliminated for us. We like midnight blue but it is definitely darker. Aqua blue looked nice but we haven't see aqua white.

Re: New Pool (Planning Stage) in Allen, TX

RBS built my pool in 2005. I started out with a chlorine pool and changed to a salt system. The salt disolved (ate) my flagstone coping and RBS replaces all the flagstone and changed the system back to chlorine with no charge. Good company in DFW.

I agree. RBS is good and people seem generally pleased with them. They were in our final 2. But we ended up going with somebody else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you decide on aqua white or aqua blue? We went and looked at a few pools today with aqua blue, Tahoe blue and midnight blue. The Tahoe blue has a hint of green and has been eliminated for us. We like midnight blue but it is definitely darker. Aqua blue looked nice but we haven't see aqua white.

Well, I still haven't gotten a chance to see a pool with Aqua White. It appears to be a very uncommon choice in this area. Our PB claims to have only done one years ago, and it seems they may have moved. When you saw the Aqua Blue, how did it look in shallow areas ... like top steps and tanning ledges? Would you classify it as fairly light, or kind of dark?

This is our aqua blue. The color is pretty close. It may be a tad lighter in person. The tahoe blue plaster looked grey when we looked at the steps and shallow end. Between that and the green tint are the reasons why we went aqua blue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, I still haven't gotten a chance to see a pool with Aqua White. It appears to be a very uncommon choice in this area. Our PB claims to have only done one years ago, and it seems they may have moved. When you saw the Aqua Blue, how did it look in shallow areas ... like top steps and tanning ledges? Would you classify it as fairly light, or kind of dark?[/QUOTE

I would say it looked fairly light. The pool water looked a nice shade of light blue. We had just come from a house that had midnight blue and it is definitely darker, and I have to say, we really liked it.

bhargraves here ya go....

I looked at some of our other photos and these look the closest to the actual color, Stonescapes mini Aqua Blue. The top one was taken on a cloudy day. The lower one on a sunny day. Keep in mind you are looking at a 8 ft deep end. I think aqua white isn't that popular since it doesn't look much different than white plaster but has a premium price.

We decided on aqua blue for our pool. Check out my thread. We should have water in soon, about 10-14 days. I'll post pics once the milky water clears up. Aqua blue seems to be the most consistent blue we looked at.

Thanks for the help with the mini pebble colors. Because we can't find any Aqua White to visit, we are going to see an Aqua Blue tomorrow. It seems like the water color between the two is very similar (based on color charts online), so we'll take a sample of Aqua White and throw it in the water to compare.

Tile and stone work started yesterday and will continue through much of this week. Here are some pictures:

Bhargraves - if you end up going with Aqua White, I'm coming over to check it out, LOL. :)

LOL! If I could only find someone with it to go see it, maybe I would choose Aqua White. I mean, I am not usually one to be a major trendsetter (though my new car is lime green, which some people love, some hate, and some just give me weird looks). I am scheduled to see an Aqua Blue tomorrow. If I like it, I'll likely just go with that. If I don't like it ... (I am not sure what the next step will be) ...

More pics:

3233FB89-3C41-49D2-A3EF-799F5E8D268D_zpshdlvpjw1.jpg

620A9DF9-25A2-4732-B391-E17C2765D94C_zpsl52i3h40.jpg

703020A1-40B9-480A-9DBD-7A29D65B5DD5_zpsaz8b4d9r.jpg

07B283E6-4505-4EBC-8211-430C3CEF5DA9_zpsvteymt0a.jpg

AD114F8E-4049-4B5D-BD26-41A6C50D0116_zpsev0szrjr.jpg

CC958426-0606-4A06-A9D6-F7F9BBBEF6CE_zpsvpdfadls.jpg

LOL! If I could only find someone with it to go see it, maybe I would choose Aqua White. I mean, I am not usually one to be a major trendsetter (though my new car is lime green, which some people love, some hate, and some just give me weird looks). I am scheduled to see an Aqua Blue tomorrow. If I like it, I'll likely just go with that. If I don't like it ... (I am not sure what the next step will be) ...

Very cool! Keep us posted on your findings. Take and post a few pics!! I do like the Aqua Blue pics on the Stonescapes website, so I think that's our current top choice since we can't find any pics or testimonials for Aqua White. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Stone work is looking great BTW. You're going to have an awesome pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.