New Pool Build (Another One) in Allen, TX

Oh how I know the feeling, I went from letting the dogs out back in their fenced in back yard to being with them every minute they are out front and encouraging them to do duty. And with great Danes, they take their time, sniff around and see if the newspaper is in

That sounds eerily familiar! :) I have a 14yo deaf beagle with back problems who wants to sniff (and try to eat!) every rabbit dropping in the yard, and a lab mix who tries to make his mark on everything in sight (I don't know how one dog can have such a large "storage tank"). I wish I could let them out off a leash, but my lab will chase every dog, cat, rabbit, person in a 1-block radius (which renders him mostly deaf himself), and then my beagle will follow (and never hear me call her). I am tempted to exit into the side yard through my son's bedroom window on the ground floor ... that option is looking pretty attractive right now.

Wow! That's a lot of dog!! We had my three tiny maltipoos and my son was staying with us with his lab and border collie while the construction was going on. Talk about a muddy mess! All of them turn a deaf ear where rabbits are concerned but my biggest worry was a coyote getting in with the fence down since they roam the neighborhood pretty freely.

Thanks. Yeah, we definitely modified the budget from what we had planned. We fell victim to the slippery slope ... "well, since we are spending all this extra money to put in a spa, we might as well spend a little more and put in travertine!" Oh well ... I guess my kids will have to get a job this summer to start saving for college. They are 5, 5, and 3. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, I normally welcome snow, as it reminds me of "home" (northern Michigan). You're right. Nobody working today. They mentioned maybe doing shotcrete tomorrow. I'm not sure about Saturday. I'll have to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yeah, we definitely modified the budget from what we had planned. We fell victim to the slippery slope ... "well, since we are spending all this extra money to put in a spa, we might as well spend a little more and put in travertine!" Oh well ... I guess my kids will have to get a job this summer to start saving for college. They are 5, 5, and 3. :)
For us it came to a larger deck area with Outdoor Fireplace vs. travertine. Your kids ages are perfect for many years of pool-fun; you will have one of the "Hang-Out" places.

No issues with the walls at all. I don't think it rained hard enough to really cause issues. The area around the pool was a muddy mess, though. At least now it is sort of frozen, so I can take the dog out back again instead of the front yard walk of shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran a soaker hose along the top of the wall all the way around. Ended up using front and back yard spigots for even watering. It was probably in the low 40's back then. I just let the water trickle down the sides from the top. That way I didn't have to baby sit it.

I ran a soaked hose along the top of the wall all the way around. Ended up using front and back yard spikets for even watering. It was probably in the low 40's back then. I just let the water trickle down the sides from the top. That way I didn't have to baby sit it.

Well dang that was a smart idea! Unfortunately, I would have needed a 200 ft soaker hose to reach the other spigot in the front yard! Oh well, it gave me a story to tell after the neighbor saw me bundled up, standing in the pool with a hose when it was about 38 degrees! He thought I was crazy! But it was actually warmer in the pool out of the wind!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.