New pool, Bicarb start-up 3 weeks in

tjk65

Silver Supporter
Jun 14, 2020
Round Rock, Tx
I have been testing PH and chlorine daily. PH is at 7.8-8.0 every day we test and we add acid per the pool math trying to achieve 7.6. CH was staying at 200 the first two weeks and now has dropped to 120. Will add CH per pool math. Is TA ok? Can I expect PH to ever get down and stay down at least a day or two. We are having temps over 100+. We do have a spa spillover we can't turn off unless we put in spa mode. Pool setting is at low rpm which make the spillover trickle over and not full sheer.

PH 7.85
FC 6.0 CC 0
TA 80
CH 120
CYA 60

Attachments

• IMG_9270.JPG
    IMG_9270.JPG
    460.6 KB · Views: 3
Your TA is fine. It may come down to 70 as you continue to add MA for pH.
The spa spillover contributes to some of the pH rise.

I do not understand the loss of CH. That stays in the water unless you drain and replace. Are you sure of your test? I would retest again. Are you using the 10ml pool sample for CH test?

Your TA is fine. It may come down to 70 as you continue to add MA for pH.
The spa spillover contributes to some of the pH rise.

I do not understand the loss of CH. That stays in the water unless you drain and replace. Are you sure of your test? I would retest again. Are you using the 10ml pool sample for CH test?
Thank you for telling me to retest. Bone head move multiplied by 10 instead of 25. I am at 300. I am doing the 10ml test.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.