SW Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
So after moving and having a pool built I've been chasing the chlorine levels. Discovered after pool builders one month service to maintain water while pebble cured and then added salt and plugged in the SWG, I found there was no stabilizer. So chlorine was disipating and the SWG couldn't keep up. So now I have added stabilizer at 50ppm. So after reading many posts I'm going to do an overnight chlorine test. These are my numbers as of a few minutes ago.
FC 7.5
CC 0
PH 7.4
TA 70
CH 280
CYA 50
So if my chlorine rises over night then drops during the day tomorrow back to these numbers I guessing everything is working as it should be. Right now SWG is running at 60%. Thanks for letting me rant and let me know if I need to look at anything else.

OCLT is more for chlorine loss to confirm if there are organics consuming FC. You can use it to confirm the SWCG is working as well; but if you have any organics in the water, the results get skewed. You might consider checking for loss first (SWCG off).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.