New pool and newer heater

St3

Apr 9, 2021
Union, KY
I have a new pool installed in the fall and we decided to add a second heater. Currently we have one heater connected to the spa and overflows to the pool. It isn't sufficient so we are adding a raypak 266k btu gas heater and i can't figure out the best way to add to my intelliconnect? Right now i have 2 pumps, lights and original heat pump. Any suggestions?

Welcome to TFP.

What model heat pump do you have?

The IntelliConnect can only control one heater.

I think an IntelliCenter can control two heaters of certain types.

You are going to need to decide which heater the Intelliconnect will control and then control the other one manually. Unless you use a DPDT switch that switches the “fireman’s switch” control line from each heater between the Intelliconnect.

You are going to need to decide which heater the Intelliconnect will control and then control the other one manually. Unless you use a DPDT switch that switches the “fireman’s switch” control line from each heater between the Intelliconnect.
At first i thought i understood what you meant but now i am doubting my thought. My rheem heat pump is connected already to the heater terminal and i have a sensor connected to temp terminal. If i add a raypak m266 gas heater with 2 wire connection to my open spot on my RS-485 terminal can it use the heaters digital connection to control the heat? intell.jpg

You cannot connect the 2 wire heater control to RS-485.

You need to use a switch to have both heaters share the same heater connection in the IntelliConnect.

They can both share the same temp sensor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.