New Pool - 1st numbers from TF-100

vbharrington

Bronze Supporter
May 2, 2017
Gaffney, SC
I added 4lbs of conditioner yesterday after a CYA test of 0, and will be "creeping up" to the 8lb 9oz needed according to poolmath. I also added the required amount of 8.25% bleach to get the FC to 4.0.

Here are my numbers from this afternoon

CYA - not tested, will test again next week
FC - 3.5 - 4 (I accidentally dropped two drops at once, so I don't know if it would have taken 7 or 8 drops)
CC - 0
TC - 3.5 - 4.0
TA - 30
PH - 6.8
Temp - 70 degrees

This is where I am now - where do I go next? I'm super new to this so I need a bit of hand holding at this point, until I'm comfortable with all of this. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your 4 FC level seems low. Even though you have to wait to test cya, just assume the amount you added is in there. Then whatever cya you are shooting, use enough bleach to get in high end of range. For example, if you added stabilizer to get pool to 30cya you should be adding enough bleach to get FC to 6 or a little above. Once it drifts down to 4 you need to add again.

Here is the chart: Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.