New Plaster Polishscapes HELP

nunez1795

Apr 24, 2019
El Paso
Good Afternoon, First time to the forum was looking up information on taking care of new plaster pool.
I have attached some pictures of my pool that was just replastered about 3 weeks ago. Not sure what right looks like. But this looks wrong to me. If I could have some advice is it me being OCD or was it done wrong. Pictures show cracks, brown spots, different color as if they missed complete spots when polishing. To be honest my wife says it looks like a kindergarten was coloring our pool. All advice and help would be greatly appreciated.107328

Attachments

• DSC03737.JPG
    DSC03737.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC03739.JPG
    DSC03739.JPG
    280.4 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC03745.JPG
    DSC03745.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC03746.JPG
    DSC03746.JPG
    216.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC03747.JPG
    DSC03747.JPG
    266.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC03748.JPG
    DSC03748.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 19
Do you have any idea what "start up" they used?

I DO agree with Zea in that I do NOT think that is a good job. I am hoping onBalance can shed some light on what might have gone wrong.

You DO need to let the PB know in WRITING asap.

That plaster job does NOT look like good workmanship was performed. It is very unfortunate. I suggest calling your contractor and tell him that you don't like the results of his re-plaster job. It isn't going to get any better, and the cracks aren't going away. Not only will an acid treatment not make things better, but it will reduce the life of the plaster by about five years. So keep that in mind when he suggests performing an acid treatment to fix things. Oh, and don't accept the suggestion that "water chemistry imbalance" had any thing to do with it. It appears that too much water was added, and a poor job of mixing the plaster, and poor job of troweling and/or polishing the finish.

Thank you all for your help. If the worst case and plaster contractor does not want to take care of it how damage is my plaster. Is the life of the plaster cut and if so by how much and will the cracks cause stability problems. If I get them to repolish this might take care of streaks and color but do nothing for cracks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.