Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello everyone.
We live in South California and recently built a new pool. Gunite/ stonescape pebble/ 15000 gallon size
We filled our brand-new pool on 3/26-3/27 and got 3 initial pool services from the builder and since then, we have been testing the chemistry twice a day w/ Taylor 2006C and dose chemicals using the TFP pool meth app.

My Last results this morning.
FC 9.5 (daily FC loss from 5 to 12. I am aware my FC loss is unusually high; I use liquid bleach 10%)
CC 0 (first test it was > 0.5 but now it is 0 -0.25)
TA 150 (consistently 150)
PH 7.6 (trying to maintain between 7.4-7.8, been adding Muriatic acid every other day about 1000-1200mL)
CYA 80 (it's high for chlorine pool, my guess is the initial pool service person added too much conditioner. We are going to start SWCG in 2 weeks so hopefully this CYA works good for the salt water)
CH 780 (I heard southern California water has high calcium in water and we don't have the whole house water softener)
Iron 0
Copper 0
Phosphates: 2618 (I learned from TFP not to worry about this level)

Current condition of my water: crystal clear. I am seeing some whiter spots on the bottles, maybe due to high FC levels. one time, my FC was 14.
My concern is my pool FC drops way too much. I have been adding 1 gallon of bleach 10% every day on average. Is this normal?
I wish my CYA was not 80 but I can't do anything about it since my PB is installing SWCG in 2 weeks.
Is it okay to keep the FC between 9-11 until SWCG installed? I am afraid the bleach will create more white streaks on the bottom.

pool 2.jpg

Do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if algae snuck into your water.

Use your K_2006 test kit and test the pH, TA, and CH of your fill water.

A CH of 780 is concerning for a new fill. That CH level will make it difficult to keep your CSI low enough to prevent scaling when the water warms up. Even hard water should not have that high a CH out of the tap.

What was the source of your pool fill water?

Use your K_2006 test kit and test the pH, TA, and CH of your fill water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.